Audio issues in game

Hi guys,
I’m not sure if i’m the only one who’s encountering this bug/issue, but when i’m playing i don’t hear the voice lines or the audio from getting a health pack and neither the audio from jumping on the pads. Voice lines work after i try them a couple of times, but it’s annoying to do so. I reinstalled the game, and tried the sound option from in-game but with no luck. Can you have a look into this?

Thanks

Sporadic or missing audio is generally a sign of either missing/corrupt assets for the game (sometimes Scan & Repair can fix) or packet loss. When you have any connectivity issue, audio is the lowest priority data, so you will miss some things.

I think there might be something wrong with the game indeed, i just don’t know what. I already tried a full reinstall of the game and nothing changed, as for scan and repair i can’t find any option to do so. And also my connectivity is ok, latency is not that big, i’d say overall it’s ok. Any other ideas?

The Scan and Repair is in the BattleNet App Launcher. Here are the precise instructions:

Hi,

Yeah, i found it eventually and did a full scan and repair, sadly that didn’t help. I’m still having issues with some of the sounds in game that are not heard, and Tracer’s recall now it wont display the animation nor the sound too. Also the join team chat button does not show as being clicked anymore however it works.

Hey, Surf! There was some issues with with a September 2019 windows update that caused some audio issues, though not being heard at all is a bit odd. It may help to check for any windows updates and forcing the 1909 updates (If you’re on windows 10).

If it does continue, could you try the following steps?

1. Try toggling the Limit Client Send Rate and Server Send Rate. In Overwatch Main Menu, go to Options, then Gameplay. Toggle the Client Send Rate and the Server Send Rate.

• Client Send Rate is how often the game client updates to the server. Enabling this client tick rate limits to 31Hz.
    • Server Send Rate is how often the server updates to the game client. Enabling this limits the server tick rate to 20.8Hz.

Here’s a breakdown of why this is helpful for certain connections and when it may be appropriate to enable. This can be helpful if the broadband is asymetrical - upload and download speeds are different, but usually recommended for upload speeds that are less than 1Mpbs. This can also help if the download speed is having some issues as well.

2. Let’s reset your computer’s TCP/IP and Winsock. This can resolve basic issues with browsing or connection issues.

1. Right click on your Windows Start Menu, and select “Command Prompt (Admin)” or just search for Command Prompt and right click, run as administrator.
    2. Now type in or copy and paste, “netsh int ip reset” Press Enter.
    3. Then do the same for “netsh winsock reset”

Once it’s complete, you’ll need to restart the computer to complete the reset.

Have you tried an alternative connection to see if those options will work? If it persists on a different connection, we may need to focus on the system. Could you provide a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)