Audio Issues (15char)

I’ve been getting some audio issues in-game for a little while. This has only started happening to me recently, for about 2 weeks at most maybe. At seemingly random points of time within the game, my audio will bug out and I will only hear certain sounds. For example, I’ll not be able to hear Lucio’s boop, myself taking damage, passive sounds like Lucio’s music, etc. (This isn’t only a problem for Lucio, I also lose sounds on other heroes.) I also only hear a small sound for when I shoot, instead of the full sound that it should be. I am highly doubting that this is an issue on my end, as I have gotten this problem with both old and brand new earbuds. I also only get this issue in Overwatch. The main heroes I experience this problem with is Doomfist, Zenyatta, Ana, and Lucio. Sometimes it feels as if this happens in a pattern, as sometimes the audio issues will happen once I finish or start a game, yet sometimes it’s just completely random and has no visible pattern to it. It does not make the game unplayable, but it is certainly an annoyance, inconvenience, and disadvantage. Unplugging and re-plugging my earbuds back into my PC will temporarily fix this problem for a few minutes until it happens again. Today, I barely got this issue. But the last time I played Overwatch, it was a frequent occurrence for the majority of the time I was playing. I never have any programs running in the background as I play Overwatch, so I doubt that could have anything to do with it, especially as I have not had this issue in the past. Any solutions?

Please check for the following settings in your GAMEPLAY options on Overwatch:

• Limit Client Send Rate
  • Limit Server Send Rate

If either are turned on, please turn them off. These features help minimize network traffic if you are having connection problems but the caveat is that the game client will skip certain sound or visual effects in the game.

They are and always were turned off for me, they are not the source of the problem.

Very well, try these steps next: