Audio bug please help

still having the same audio bug from over a year ago, surely it will be fixed soon right?

anyway, audio bug. sometimes cant hear enemy shooting me. happens randomly in a match and goes away randomly in a match. usually happens on 1 or 2 specific enemy heroes in those matches. can be any hero.

EVERY OTHER AUDIO works fine. everything. the ONLY thing that sometimes just breaks, is the audio you’re supposed to hear when you’re getting shot OR an enemy just damages you with any ability.

example 1: soldier shooting me on my left side. i dont hear the bullets hit me so it looks like im losing HP to air. if i dont look at my health bar, there is no way of knowing i took damage in the first place. if i do look at my health bar, i dont know where the shots are coming from.

example 2: genji dashes trough me and basically one shot combos me. i dont hear the dash hitting me. i dont hear the shurikens connect, and i dont hear the melee.

example 3: wrecking ball mines dont have any audio (literally nothing) indicating it explodes on me. only way to know is because of the knockback and checking the HP bar.

having this bug since the launch of season 2 OW2. during this time ive changed all my hardware and its still happening. almost 100% sure its a bug in the game but maybe, just MAYBE there is an actual fix for this.

its a major disadvantage. just imagine getting tagged by a flanking widow but you literally have no clue because there is no directional audio or any indication you’re getting hit.

please help.

If you are experiencing a bug, you should report it in Bug Report

Developers do not read the troubleshooting area, which is for working through connection and install issues.

Ive posted about this bug in bug report around 10 times already, in an over a year timeframe. Would love to know if its actually a bug or an issue on my end, which at this point clearly is not the case.

An unstable connection can cause audio to drop off because visual elements rank higher than audio. But if you’re not having any connection icons popping up, then it just sounds like a local sound channel issue or a bug. About sound channels: Bluetooth devices don’t have enough sound channels for the game. Some devices also have special settings in Windows and their own driver software that causes this situation.

after playing for a while and keeping this in mind, i can confirm it has nothing to do with connection or sound channels. i have however figured out that the bug dissapears 100% of the time when i die. (but can return later in the match)

i guess i just make yet another bug report post

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.