Audio bug from new patch

Logged on today and got into a match and all of a sudden all the sounds of other characters were insanely high and my character’s sounds didnt work. tried playing with the sounds settings a bit and no changes and i repaired the installation a couple of times and still nothing’s changed. any suggestions of how do i fix it ?

6 Likes

Literally the reverse for me,can hear my sounds normally,but teammates and enemy team are all echoy and “far”

6 Likes

I cannot hear a thing that isn’t said or done by my character directly. Ashe’s gun sounds work, for example - but her dynamite is silent. Nobody has footsteps, and everything except for voices on the radio is muffled. Enemies barely speak. This is gamebreakingly bad.

4 Likes

Same here Sounds Are So Weird Like in Training range i shoot with mccree i can hear the sound from bullet impact but the Revolver sound is So Suppressed , i can hear enviroment so loudly(Air Flowing) but not footsteps ( my footsteps )
i’m using a Razer Man’OWar 7.1, Maybe it’s just because it’s my first time using this new sound and will get used to it. because it’s kinda good idk .

1 Like

Are you using the new sound setting?

what new sound settings ?

This one :stuck_out_tongue:
Spatial Sound, I’d say try this post out :smiley:

2 Likes

thanks ill give it a go

1 Like

Hope it works out :heart:

It Worked !!! thnx alot <3:kissing_heart:

1 Like

Happy to hear it worked :heart:
(and I hope Blizzard makes a proper fix ;v;)

I have the same thing, other players’ voice lines are not present but I can still hear the echoes of them in quiet environments, and same with their weapon fire. Pretty game breaking as I cannot hear enemy ults or where I’m being shot from.

I can rule out game settings (have reset to defaults both in game and in Blizz launcher,) and Windows audio settings (other games have no issues, and my own character’s sounds in OW are perfectly fine.)

EDIT: Genjiass’ solution fixed it, thank you very much!

Keep spreading the word, and possibly reply to the thread he linked, so more people see it. :slight_smile:

This worked, thanks.

1 Like