Au Revoir, Triple Damage

As unbalanced as it was, it was still a new fresh game mode that broke up the tedium.

Certainly more exciting than logging in to see that X HERO HAD THEIR (random) STATS RAISED BY 5% WHILE HERO Y HAD THEIR STATS LOWERED BY 7%!!! SUCH BIG EXCITEMENT YES!!!

Tune in next week when we have arbitrarily fewer heroes to play with in Comp, followed by a probably delayed Archives event which also has no new “real” content, and then probably hero 32 EST ???

Au Revoir, 1-3-2.

4 Likes

Have they actually confirmed 1/3/2 isn’t going to be happening yet? AFAIK all we have if some vague statement by the Devs that they “Probably won’t” do it.

I hope this show’s that things put on experimental card won’t always make it to live and people won’t overreact so much next time. The devs are clearly listening to feedback

3 Likes

the experimental card is down?
will the developers actually take the feedback into consideration at least? i hope for that much…

2 Likes

good riddance

2 Likes

I think the good part about 1-3-2 is that it shows that Tanking can be a lot more popular than it is currently.

And solving the tanking issue is the primary problem this game has now.
(Since is basically means solving the DPS queue time issue).

3 Likes

Well its not gone… after the very conflicted opinions on it, they decided to take it down, tweak it for awhile, then put it back on experimental later.

1 Like

You’re gonna need a cite for that.

Molly put up a post saying they were taking it down and that the Experimental card will be back in the future, but Josh has said it’s probably not gonna be 1-3-2.

5 Likes

Whoops, guess I read that post wrong, thanks for the clear up

1 Like

NP

I think 1-3-2 could be a very healthy Arcade mode, and the discussion it’s brought up for how to improve tanks is incredibly constructive, but the devs are being politely firm that they are moving on.

3 Likes

i dont get it … how people in experimantal mode looked for balance instead of fun ?

1 Like

Some people desperately wanted it to go live, and when many of the people that didn’t have fun with it mentioned the poor balance…

Personally I’m happy to see it gone but think it should have a slot in arcade.

1 Like

I hope so! This mode was way to good to scrap it!

You’re free to hope if you want to. Maybe it’ll come back.

Well, there is always QPC but typically, it is 1-4-1 at best.

I honestly wouldn’t mind this as an every once-in-a-while arcade mode.

2 Likes

1/3/2 is better than No limits or Classic-QP cuz at least you know u will have 2 tanks + 1 healer. On Classic QP every single dam match is 4 or 5 DPS doing “Nothing” more than lose then ragequit every 10 seconds

If this was being looked at as a new arcade mode instead of something that was intended to replace normal comp, I would view it a lot more favorably and be much less annoyed at the lack of balance.

I would not like it to be my default experience but as an arcade mode it seems like it would be a good time and something fresh.

1 Like