ATTENTION EVERYONE/ Beta stats matter for season 18!

Just spreading awareness. Beta stats WILL NOT be thrown out. They WILL matter in where you place in season 18. So, to all people who were throwing in the beta season and saying “this season doesn’t matter”, you got what you deserved. But, to all people who tried out new heroes in beta, and lost sr. I am truly sorry, because some of the player base was mis-leaden with information about the beta stats not mattering. Everyone who lost sr because they weren’t really trying, you will be placed lower in season 18.

Thankfully, I was try harding in beta.

Official source -

Link - Role Queue Update - #36 by ScottMercer
P.S share this to your friends, so that no one will be in the dark on this topic. Also, like this and respond so more people on the forums find out about this info.

You call me a trash widow, but I clicked on your head :wink:

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

4 Likes

As expected. Good thing I didn’t rank my dps yet with all those Bots you get. I’m still ashamed of my tank placement no way in hell do I deserve high Plat.

Jeez, watch all them griefers shriek in Terror.

5 Likes

I thought that was pretty clear in the release of Role Que. I mean it said it as plainly as it could.

No, they didn’t…

What do you mean?

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

"Role Queue is currently available on the public test region on PC, and will be coming to live servers starting with a Role Queue Beta Season in Patch 1.39. In an effort to give time for additional testing and feedback, we’ll be running the two-week Role Queue Beta Season from August 13 to September 1. Players can earn Competitive Points similar to other competitive mini seasons and qualify for Top 500 Leaderboards during the beta season. However, beta season stats will only be available for a limited time and will not count toward a player’s permanent Competitive Season stats. (Note: Competitive Season 17 will be shortened by approximately two weeks in order to accommodate the Role Queue Beta Season.)

Role Queue will be fully available for Quick Play and Competitive Play beginning on September 1 for the start of Competitive Season 18."

Seems clear. The rest of the announcement is a page full of info on how the games and data will be used to help figure out your rank.

How can that data both be used to help find your rank but at the same time not be counted? That doesn’t make any sense. The SR gains and losses and stats will just not be recorded on your profile. Simple.

Blizzard stated that they meant, that the stats on your career profile will be available to look at for a limited time. Seems like a mis-communication to me

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

2 Likes

Oh well. Won’t be touching comp for a few months anyway once 222 qp in place. I can practice there.

Then maybe all the boosted players will have settled.

Pretty much why I didn’t bother. I didn’t want an SR based while people were experimenting with things. My goal is to stay in Bronze while following all the rules. It’ll be easier to do that without all the chaos.

1 Like

From what I heard, not sure if this is true. After your placements in season 18, you will have a period of games right after placements where u can gain or lose about 100sr per game. So I think boosted players will soon fall quickly to their rank.

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

If you know you’re about to lose 100 SR why not just leave the game and only lose 50?

1 Like

Hm that’s actually a good question. I think that you WONT know that you will lose 100 sr. Sr gain and loss will probably depend on how well you play. So even if you lose but play good, you might lose less sr? I don’t know for sure tho.

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Love how they try to lie and say it didn’t matter😂. Just like they said they’d release the sombra demon hunter skin😂

They didn’t lie, there just was a mis communication between players and devs.

-𝓐𝓵𝓮𝔁𝓞𝓷𝓮

Let’s just call a spade a spade. It was a lie end of coversation😂.

“Do you guys not have phones?!”
Blizzard

:joy::joy::joy: