Atlanta Reign vs. Paris Eternal - Watchpoint Now Live

Partly forced C9, there was a possiblity to contest.

Yeah I didn’t notice that live… still huge though. I guess that is the best example for a FORCED C9 but I really hate that term because a forced c9 is not a c9. Find it hard to believe no one could touch though.

Oh, they BOTH had Roadhog ulti at the same time! OK, didn’t see that at all.

Not even a week ago, I saw what was the worst C9 I’d ever seen. Xavier Esports v Cyclone Coupling, Dorado, Week 7 of Pacific Contenders

It is no longer the worst C9 I’ve ever seen. I have no words.

True. Roadhog had the clear path to get there, but I think he was also ulting for the majority of it and then didn’t have enough time to react.

Atlanta is calling it a C9.

It’s only because Paris are playing so poorly that Atlanta are able to cover Pokpo dying first every team fight.

They won’t get away with this against better teams.

I guess we have sig9 on ptr so I guess this was a hog9? XD

Dang… Paris has just given up.

no Danye, no win

well, obviously one player is not able to win a game… but its broader concept - Paris Chikens need to change a lot of things to improve - they look stagnated, and worst thing is that they are stagnated on lower level of play… maybe its tactics, maybe some players dont fit strategy, maybe shotcalling fails

It’s safe to say Paris aren’t making the play ins now, so lets look at who they need to keep/get rid of:

Supports -

• Greyy = Best player on the team. Consistently performs well, even when his team isn’t. KEEP
  • Kruise = Mechanics fine, and shot caller. A little too aggressive, but more positives than negatives. KEEP
  • HyP = Significantly weaker than Greyy. Not played since being benched. Would regularly layer ult when in. DROP

Tanks -

• Finnsi = Dependable. Solid on all OT, nearly as consistent as Greyy. KEEP
  • BenBest = Terrible in Stage 1, redeemed himself in Stage 3, when he had a competent Zarya. Neither MT has had an extended run in the team though. INCONCLUSIVE
  • LHCloudy = Not met expectations. Was rated as top MT in EU coming into the season, but been poor. DROP

DPS -

• Danye = Only DPS player that hasn’t struggled this season. KEEP
  • Soon = Impressed on McCree, but honestly not much else. Even on Widow, which he was lauded on, he’s struggled at times. SELL
  • ShadowBurn = Hasn’t looked consistently good at any point, which is a shame. In his defence, not played much Pharah/Genji/Hanzo, his best 3 heroes. Might be washed up now. DROP
  • NicoGDH = The reason he was on the roster, being able to flex between DPS and D.Va mid-map, is no longer possible. Weaker than all DPS on DPS, Weaker than Finnsi on OT. Simply no longer needed. DROP

Summary -

KEEP = Danye, Finnsi, Kruise, Greyy

2 Likes

Final Score

Victory!

WATCH LIVE: TwitchOverwatch LeagueESPN3

They just don’t look like a team that’s played together. They’re chaotic and rely on individual plays, which just splits them further when you end up with SoOn trying to make long flanks on his own with no real goal or wider purpose within the setup.

3 Likes

It’s a good point, they a made a team who’s main tank spent more time in the spawn room than the field look invincible.

Now for Florida vs. London - it only can get better…right?!? :sweat_smile:

Soon’s flanks very much remind me of Stage 1 Washington, when SanSam would just completely abandon the team fight to have a D.Va 1v1

It’ll be another 4-0 after all last nights 3-2s. But at least London are good to watch.

1 Like

At least Justice learned from that and are now enabling Corey; with ridiculous consequences. Paris don’t even try to enable SoOn who could do what he does but better.

Washington will finish ahead of Eternal.