Ashe just got a cold hard nerf, and it's not in the patchnote

Seeing how many Ashe’s I’ve seen in QP I only see this as an absolute win!

5 Likes

If she needs a tune up after this it should come in a standard kind of buff, not in this weird gray zone of “should she get ult charge during her ult or not.”

1 Like

Ashe has a fatal flaw, and that is the reload mechanic. For regular players, not an issue but at high elo/pro play its a killer… as someone who probably does more Ashe next to Mei and Sym I can tell you the ult charge should be consistent, but she needs some change in speed to her reloading… someone as skilled as she is supposed to be would be a serious speed loader…

1 Like

Moira’s ult is leagues better then Ashe’s ult if we’re comparing them.

Sym 1.0 was a teleporter and Widow is a wall hack, Bob is a giant robot that can take points but can be CC’ed with the AI of a torb turret.

This game doesn’t need parity nor should it but if a ult is strong then that hero shouldn’t gain ult charge during it.

Does she still have that garbage no skill Dynamite ability??
Well then you are still ahead.

h ttps://i.pinimg.com/originals/89/fd/22/89fd228b7dfe64983517319f7c0f171c.jpg

Why shouldn’t Ashe have it? It even fits with the theme of Bob being a separate character.

No, they’re the exact same level of mediocre. The HPS on Coalescence is decent, but Moira is as vulnerable to anything Bob is during her ult since she cannot Fade. If anything Bob is better.

This is all you needed to say. It is all or nothing.

As I’ve already said. Bob is easy to farm. She doesn’t need the ult charge while he’s up because it is insanely easy to build him up from 0.

1 Like

There is a huge diff between Torb’s Ult and Ashe. Torb’s ult hurts if he Spooges on you directly and if you stand in it. While Ashe’s Is active deadly and both a hitscan and AI targeting any of the enemies in view or that attack him. so you can avoid Torb by not hugging him while he has Ult or avoiding standing in the hot goo. Bob is a lot harder to avoid and you have to shield, run, hide, or die. in my opinion this change is more of a correction so she doesn’t farm ult while bob is killing.

1 Like

Clearly not easily enough for OWL, which should be even easier given the prevalence of goats.

As for ladder, I’m not seeing Ashe get Bob any faster than the other average ults.

That is not right. Poor Ashe. She was fine imo.

Moira is not vulnerable if she stays back unlike Bob. The only thing that’s better with Bob is that he can contest spots, other then that Coalescence > Bob easily.

If you’re preaching this then would you be in favor of shield bash not being blocked by shields/barriers? Cause all the other melee hits go through but Brig’s doesn’t.

1 Like

Her shield bash is a stun which is wholly different from a melee and you know that. Grasping at straws for a failed point.

This. You don’t fix a bug just because it benefits a hero that’s otherwise weak or disadvantages a hero that’s otherwise strong.

You fix them. All balance changes should be deliberate, and only after a change has been discussed, tested, and vetted.

Doomfist can push heroes out of position with his fist but it’s okay cause no stun? If Brig’s bash is a melee it should go through cause the others go through, cause it’s ‘all or nothing’.

1 Like

I can see it both ways. It’s not unprecedented given that both Tracer and Hanzo have since launch been able to gain charge while their ults are in use, but only charge from damage sources other than the ult. However, Ashe never really has trouble with ult charge, from what I’ve played of her; I’m not even that great with her and can sometimes in favorable conditions gain 25% charge while B.O.B. is out. Either way, patch notes clarifying it, or at least adding it to the list of known bugs in the bug report forum, would be much appreciated.

Her shield bash is a charge, which all go through shields. Hers used to until it was made inconsistent with the rest as part of a sledgehammer nerf.

Land two dynamites and you’ll have your ult back in no time.

1 Like

On the other hand you don’t make a fix that damages a balanced hero without a compensatory buff. Otherwise, you are deliberately making them underpowered.

You do if you’re not sure how much the bug benefited them. If this change completely dumpsters her, they will buff her.