As the Queen decrees: The Overwatch 2 Beta comes to an end

According to the post I’ve responded to it isn’t.

The point is, it doesn’t matter who is right. I should not have to speculate and it should be addressed with console players like it was with PC players especially because it was much worse.

1 Like

I can’t disagree with it being an issue for console based on what I heard, but I think the second point there is the main key, at least it was as major contributor. I am not surprised most console players were unaware tbh, they seem to operate a bit more with blinders on it seems, perhaps its simply not having a PC and newsfeed to be aware of.

1 Like

They could have / should have. It was possible to release the 2019 maps and Push mode on OW1 in the meantime to make people wait, as well as the Battle Pass system and purchasable mythic skins… It’s not like it would have made a big difference since it’s the same game and that PVP OW2 doesn’t really exist (and neither will it in a close future).

And that’s exactly the issue that broke OW1 after 2019… As long as the OW team tries to satisfy every player at the same time and keeps listening to nonsense ideas from the community, the game won’t magically have a brighter state.

The OW team should choose one direction of their own and work hard on it, without being influenced by the community, streamers or pro players from the OWL.

Overwatch was at its best when it was released in 2016 and when devs enforced their own ideas and concepts. Fight me on that if you want but we all know it’s true.

2 Likes

I’m not disagreeing with you on that as a probable cause - I just don’t really care what random forum members have guessed is the issue.

It was by many accounts the single worst thing in the console experience and hasn’t been touched on by Blizzard themselves.

2 Likes

The one everyone thinks it is? Lol

I meant another support after fox girl. I’m sure there will be a third beta in late august or September where fox girl will debut.

What I’m saying is that, wouldn’t it be great if they stealth launched another support with early assess on October 4? That would bring the support roster up to 9, and people would be clamoring to play support in season 1, which would mean short queue times for all roles.

DPS times will always be short, and tank timers will likely also usually be short because of the requirement of needing half as many players queuing.

Like I said in my previous post, I think this game is going to fall flat if tank and DPS players have 10+ Minute queue timers when you compare that to games like apex where they’re basically instant. People don’t like to wait around.

I’m not sure if releasing one new support hero is going to be enough.

1 Like

That would be the bright thing to do, but they are SERIOUSLY out of time to try to pull something like this.

1 Like

I mean supposedly 2 of the 3 heroes post season 2 are supports.

I do think they’re going to sit on heroes because they don’t want to run out of post launch content.

I don’t know, it is what 3 heroes a year? Old overwatch was 4.

You realize the beta was free right? The skins don’t kick in till October. You could have played for free.

1 Like

No you don’t understand!
You need to be a good player to be actually affected by d-shield!

why though?
20characters

1 Like

any chance to release the unreleased Experimental patch to OW1 in the meantime? would be nice to have some semblance of OW2 in OW1 to help the rest of the population get used to the incoming changes

Ans surprisingly sadtankmain keeps saying ow2 is a bad game. Man you really like to spend time in the forums right

And what a great beta it was! Loved Junkerqueen, cheers devs team, can’t wait to see the new Fox support :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you bought the pack just for beta access, then that’s on you, tbh.

1 Like

Overall this beta felt much better than the first one.
That said, I exclusively played open queue, so I had zero issues with queue times regardless of who I wanted to play.

A few take aways:
Junker Queen felt pretty good and fair, but I would like better visual/audio queues when afflicted by her wounds. Other than that I think the drain tank style feels really good

Ana’s rifle felt off. It felt less responsive compared to live for some reason. And the firing audio sounded muffled to me.

Sojourn is overtuned. I first timed her and got a tripple in 30 seconds…I’m a tank/support main. Her fire rate is so high that you dont need to track well with her to do damage and her alt fire hitbox is too big for how easy it is to charge and how much damage it does. Her guns are such good tools that I was near the end of my first game with her when I realized I hadnt used her slow field. She legit doesnt need that XD

Moira had her damage gutted which imo wasnt necessary. She could easily damage people with her orbs, but they tickle since the damage is spread between nearby enemies. The actual damage isnt meaningful unless you’re dueling her. That said, while I prefer the old orb, the new one specifically as a support ability is better. It’s legit great utility.

Mercy felt much better. I actually like the new super jump. She gains more than she loses with this change. I just hope for minor tweaks to how it feels like making the charge time slightly faster so early super jump feels better

The irony of calling Soldier of all heroes OP, while having Baptiste flair.

Thanks for nothing, said all the people who applied for beta 1 and had their applications thrown out by Blizzard before round 2.

When’s the next beta? Anyone have a guess?

1 Like