As a top500 junk main, the new buff is really worrying

OP, if you have maintained top 500 as Junkrat during all his nerfs aien’t nothing going to bring you down from all of these new changes. You already transcended BS that was designed to murder your hero and have stood defiant despite all odds.

2 Likes

i havnt stayed top500 but at least ive stayed gm haha

this buff is gonna break him, im calling it now

9 Likes

Totally agree

But it seems like goats has got to go by any means possible.

This will be a low rank nightmare, very reaperish style scenario coming up

1 Like

It definitely seems to be 140 damage on a direct hit, a dev clarified it:

3 Likes

They never give him an ult charge nerf when they up his damage. This is the second time they’ve done this, honestly.

They don’t seem to consider it. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

just nerf his ultimate charge lol

2 Likes

Shhhhh… I just want a few days of broken Junkrat in Diamond. Then maybe we can start nerfing his ult charge.

ALSO IF HES NANO’ED HE CAN ONE-SHOT WITH HIS PRIMARY FIRE

5 Likes

No, that’s where they nerf something else and make him worse than before they buffed him. This is how Blizzard works.

For how easy Junkrat is to counter/punish, I think it’s a good change.

2 Likes

I hope they do.

But, they’ve historically just sucked at implementing what FEELS like is really obvious.

“Hey, if you increase his damage at all, he gets his ult a LOT quicker”

But…here we are. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

i was gonna add in some stuff but it seems like a forum mod locked me out for some reason

basically what i was gonna add is that junkrat can do a max of 402 damage if he gets literally every damage boost in the game

I agree that this isn’t the way to go, we have tons of evidence that high inconsistency and high impact tends to break the game and this makes it worse.

Junk needs a projectile velocity increase.

1 Like

I know exactly how you feel because they buffed Sym kind of the same way, it doesnt fix their problems but its a helpful change overall. Glad junk finally got a buff, he really needed it.

2 Likes

Ok your assessment is valid, however I think everyone complaining about his ult/ult charge increase are forgetting that with the latest patch and the addition of Baptiste, the Tire got an indirect nerf as it is - Soldier can lock onto it, Baptiste can just throw down an invincibility to counteract it, not to mention with all the damage buffs and primary fire buffs, that tire is extremely easy to take down.

We just have to remember how old Hanzo was. He was atleast somewhat skill dependant, but Junkrat shots are more pure luck…

This change makes the mine nade combo more consistent and makes him better against targets getting healed. It also means he’s better against 250 hp heroes, which is good because Hanzo can just one-shot them like a 200 hp.

Its not what we wanted, its not what we were expecting, but I’ll certainly take it.

Thank you so much, dev team.

3 Likes

We’ll have to see, for now, any change is welcome.

140 dmg if he land a direct hit with the nerfed size, so if you can’t land hit you will not benefit from the buff.

Anyway I think it’s good change it feel more rewarding- you can nade+mine combo 250 hero now and you will shreds enemy barriers faster.

1 Like

R.I.P all shields in the game

3 Likes

This sets him up for a lot of controversy, I can absolutely see this getting him nerfed into the ground in the future. Kinda worried.

3 Likes