As a top500 junk main, the new buff is really worrying

buffing his impact damage from 120 to 140 is not the way to go about this.

junkrats biggest issue is his accuracy, he is forced to play at close range because his projectiles are extremely small. when junkrat goes into close range he is committing which means he will die most likely.

the projectile size nerf forces him to play at close range when he is best played at mid range, he is a mid range area denier.

the projectile size nerf makes him spam more because he cant hit what hes aiming at due to them being so small, those “aimed shots” end up being turned into more spam. slowest projectile in the game and 2nd smallest projectile is way too difficult to “aim”, its too easily avoidable and extremely unreliable to hit direct shots

increasing his impact damage means junkrat will also get his ultimate more quickly then before, which is already gained extremely fast junkrat didnt even get an ultimate charge nerf with this update which doesnt make sense in my opinion

this change also means junkrat can nearly one shot when damage boosted and CAN one shot when he nano boosted

thats insane, especially with the introduction of baptiste, this change is worrying… im happy junkrat is finally getting buffed but this isnt the way to go about it

This change makes Junnkrat more of a shield break then he was before, orisa and shield will get shredded now, riens will go down alot faster

prepare to hear FIRE IN THE HOLE!!! every 8 seconds, might as well put it on a cooldown if this change goes live… this could be why they made tire able to shoot down with the soldier visor

JUNKRATS MINE COMBO CAN NOW DO A MAX OF 260 DAMAGE WITHOUT NANO OR DAMAGE BOOST

suggested changes

impact damage remains at 120

frag launcher projectile size increased to 0.3 (from 0.2)

rip tire charge increased from 1575 to 2000

120 Likes

Yep I agree, also he can one clip an orisa shield if damage boosted, that’s really harsh to orisa…

5 Likes

Shhhh…

Don’t remind them :stuck_out_tongue:

34 Likes

I’m already having nightmares of hearing “fIrE iN tHe hOlE1!!1” every 10 seconds ;_;
R.I.P

36 Likes

I mean what does this buff matter when his grenades phase through enemies anyway, right? XD

40 Likes

At this point as long as he gets some sort of buff I’m happy. Now it’ll just be a week or two until the Junk haters crawl out of the woodworks…

9 Likes

Last time when Junk had large projectile he could hit enemy behind him when he was shooting forward. That is broken, and should not be reverted.

2 Likes

Personally, I disagree. Rewarding Junkrat for accuracy rather than making his kit easier is the right way to go. He’ll be great for shutting down tanks and barriers and threatening enemies in ground-in positions.

This is solidifying his role as not only an anti-GOATs hero, but also preemptively buffing him for the upcoming bunker comp meta.

12 Likes

Yeah but even if his tire is gained faster, with Baptiste immortality field the tire can be blocked now.

6 Likes

decreasing his projectile size doesnt reward aim

4 Likes

But increasing his damage does :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It does though. A smaller projectile takes more skill to land. They increased the reward for that skill.

9 Likes

When you take a large projectile and shrink it by 33%, the difference is extreme.

People who don’t play Junkrat or haven’t tried the nerf don’t understand how brutal the change is. It makes hitting direct shots extremely unreliable.

Note that Junkrat now has slowest AND 2nd smallest projectile weapon in the game. (first is tied between genji and hanzo)

When you mix the slowest projectile with a small projectile size and a 5-shot clip, you’re left with a very inconsistent weapon.

Some say this change just requires Junkrat to aim more. They’re wrong. Making a weapon harder to use–especially when you’re dealing with projectile size and speed–cannot be written off as making it “higher skill.”

There comes a point when a gun’s projectiles are so slow and small that nerfing them just makes the gun inconsistent, not “higher skill.”

This is the point Junkrat is approaching. His shots are so slow and small that it becomes random whether or not you hit. It just requires you to spam more. THIS CHANGE MAKES JUNKRAT SPAM MORE , because he can’t hit what he’s aiming at. Not because he’s bad, but because what he’s aiming at can just step out of the way of a perfectly aimed shot.

JUNKRATS BOMBS ARE SMALLER THEN THEY APPEAR, CAUSING THEM TO GLITCH THROUGH PEOPLES HITBOXES

28 Likes

I think the purpose of all these buffs is to make DPS relevant again. Supports will have to protect you from the DPS, tanks will have to make space for DPS, and DPS will DPS. I think Blizzard is trying to make roles more prominent again to kill Goats. I personally think its too early to judge this change. I as of rn like it and want to see where it goes. The addition of Baptiste will really help defend against DPS. Only problem is he might be vital to a team comp if DPS are too strong. Opinions may vary, but overall I think Blizzard is doing some good with these changes. Making ultimates less impactful and defining skill in metas.

2 Likes

so instead of reverting his grenade size they basically

Made lower ranks even more hell
Made playing tank even more unfun

15 Likes

If you’re running GOATS, get ready to hear “fire in the hole!” every 10 seconds :slight_smile:

6 Likes

as someone on the receiving end of many a junkrat frag bomb…i too am concerned :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think we should give them time. They are making good changes and are listening. They are working on making DPS better against goats and will soon make tanks better. I think its very difficult to keep everything balanced but they are doing their best to make accommodations.

6 Likes

Junkrat will be good against goats if his grenades will connect

1 Like

Yeah this one seems they just want to use him as shield breaker only. Which is okay but not the best…