As a Bastion Main

That. Sounds. Amazing. Headshots back would be amazing! It was a huge disapointment when they removed them

2 Likes

It’s disheartening to see Bastion in such a sorry state. They completely destroyed his sentry mode giving his awful spread and left him in a poor state after season 4.

They should revert his sentry aim or at least bring back his crits. I’d gladly take an iron clad reduction if it meant he could actually have a viable ultimate and destroy potential again.

2 Likes

Ok, before I go into any serious discussion, I can’t help but giggle seeing a Bastion main named SPEEDBOOST. XD

Now that is out of way, let’s go into discussion. Bastion is one of many heroes that I say it is hard to balance, just one tiny change and he could become broken. On the right circumtances, Bastion has the highest hitscan DPS in the game. To my estimation, around 450-500 in one sentry clip, enough to turn shields into mushy paper.

Giving him a reduced spread should help. His recon is as strong as S76 and his E is usable. His tank mode is still well respected. It is terrifying seeing something a tank Bastion, especially if that player knows how to rocket jump.

As for the shield thing, yeah, I don’t want that. On many maps like Hanamura point B or HLC point B, there are corners where Bastion can hide his core at, so giving him back the shield would make him much, much more difficult to kill.

used to be a lucio main, I want to change my name to something stupid like GoldTankGunpls cause as I said in the post, he needs a gold tank gun haha

2 Likes

That I can agree.
WHERE IS THE GOLDEN TANK GUN BLIZZARD!

2 Likes

Actually, Reaper has the highest hitscan DPS in the game. He can do 560 with two headshots. That won’t actually really happen in-game, but neither will Bastion doing anywhere near his maximum. Bastion’s maximum is 450 DPS, or 4500 per clip (though it takes 10 entire seconds to empty), however, that’s only if every bullet hits, and the only way that’s ever going to happen is if Bastion is point blank, which is basically impossible because he can’t move to get closer to the enemy. Here’s a thread I made a while back detailing what his spread does to his effective DPS. This can be taken as a best case scenario against squishy targets because they’re smaller and they’ll be moving as opposed to a training bot.

Well, it’s almost as good… it’s a bit more accurate than Soldier, but Soldier does more DPS, has a burst damage option, has better mobility (with helix rocket), has better speed, has a smaller hitbox and critbox, and can control his spread better… Bastion has a bit more health, but he’s also one of the largest characters in the game. I’m not saying Recon needs buffs, just that it’s not quite as good as Soldier.

Also, Bastion doesn’t have an E ability

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot his heal got rebind to his right click.
For some reason, Reaper’s gun is classify as a Shotgun type of fire mode. Not hitscan, not projectile, not beam, but Shotgun.

As for Bastion, I don’t know what to buff him. His survivability or his DPS. Idk

Bastion is OP af. He needs a nerf!

1 Like

Dude no, his stats are utter garbo right now.

3 Likes

I wasn’t really being serious. Only a fool would think Bastion needs a nerf.

3 Likes

Thank god lol

20 characters

3 Likes

How about giving his old spread back, but the damage needs to build up over time (first bullets does a tiny damage, but as long as he hold LMB the dps grows). The build-up time we can balance, maybe it takes 1.5 - 4 seconds to reach max dps

We have enoght people that think he is OP… Grantman and I are bastions mains from our giant Bastion thread that floats around for like a month or so. Since 1,5 YEARS he is bad but no sign of blizz to help him and give us a character we can play without being countered my anything besides winston…

If your giving his barrel a french kiss, then yeah, 450 dps. But at even 20m range? instantly cut in half to 225 dps from the spread and drop off.

2 Likes

Revert sentry and it will be fine. So reduced spread and headshots back. That would make him viable. Not good but viable.

1 Like

Cause he is OP.

Sarcasm again

I don’t disagree at all that he needs buffs but just want to say you can’t really use this

…as justification for a buff. There will always be a hero with the lowest and second lowest playtime. What might be significant though is the difference between his playtime and the next best hero.

Here a like to our 2. Thread… the first one also had 5k posts… this one has a lot more. Just read the OP please.

I think giving him some team utility would bring his pick rate up. Something like, stand by the Bastion to get extra ammo or give him a health/shield/barrier boost based on the number of allies that are near (similar to Wrecking Ball’s shield boost when surrounded by enemies.)

I personally hate Bastion, but I know some prefer to main him. My question for those folks is, would you trade damage for more mobility or survive-ability? Right now, he’s a glass cannon. His job is to rip through key opponents or shields while he lasts. Giving him more survival while maintaining his current damage output would be like giving a storm arrow ability to Hanzo… wait. lol

Blizzard will probably rework him and remove the sentry turret and make it an ult.