Are you serious Blizzard!? https://imgur.com/a/GaCRTzX

In 3 games Blizzard has screwed me over me again!
I have a fine internet connection and after 3 games I have “failed to connect to server” again and now have lost 3 games in my placements because of it!
Going from playing with and against diamond players to with and against golds! Seriously this is garbage! Why do I get punished more than once because your game is broken!?

Please either fix this or fix my SR because honestly this should not be happening to anyone and I have had it happen this many times.

1. Don’t post url’s in the subject line. They don’t work.
  2. Blizzard can’t fix your Internet nor can they fix the path from your PC to their servers. Most likely something inbetween that keeps disconnecting you. Blizzard has zero control over this. Your ISP might by forcing new routes to the Blizzard servers via BGP but good luck trying to get them to do that.

You should know

1. He stated above his internet is fine
  2. He’s not the only one it’s happening to.

4 MONTHS LATER

Anyways… Major Internet hubs have millions of people being routed though them every second. This could effect a lot of people.

It’s still unacceptable that if a person uses the games UI to join a game, and the client doesn’t get to a specific point in the game where it confirms it is connected and playable, that it is bloody unreasonable that they penalize a player - especially when it occurs before a match starts.

This is a trivially simple thing for Blizzard to fix, where they could do something like have the game do something like send a specific packet to the server at the time the game reaches the 0-countdown for the game started, which would be also tied to the UI for the client flipping a flag to to prevent this packet being sent without that occurring. This double-checking of both the code responsible for handling network traffic AND the UI drawing those in-game elements would be a trivial and simple fix to this.

But no. Blizzard continue to hire devs and QA that don’t get simple concepts like this. So we get players receiving ridiculous penalties like this.