Are we going to get Role que in QP?

I love this it stops my team from constantly having widow,genji,hanzo,and torbs

Yes there is the limit on that forces you to play 2-2-2 but they said its a big and to be fixed

1 Like

Yes, it will be enabled for QP on September 1st. For now it’s just in a beta competitive season.

2 Likes

Why would they take away the PTR and not give us a place to have decent QP?

Probably because they want everyone on live to test it out in production now. I’d just play the Comp Beta… it won’t be permanently recorded, so unless you really hate the format of playing offense and defense it’s pretty much QP right now.

I can’t. I have three roomates plus a visitor so there’s about a 1 in 15 chance someone will come home and start up 4k streaming or syncing a cloud app or something and give me a 1000 ping. Nothing I can do about it.

Yes, role q will come for qp and work the same as comp, but for now, they’re only testing comp. The remaining modes will get role q come september 1st

the 2-2-2 is in QP
but it’s just odd that they choose to let instapickers choose first and everyone else gets locked out :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a bug, it’s not supposed to be in qp until the 1st of september and they are working on fixing it

i don’t think that’s a bug, remember they had to work on this patch and certify it for consoles 10 days in advance.
it will take them atleast another 10 days to fix that “bug” for consoles.

and for pc that could be fixed by tomorrow or whenever they choose to.

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/1-39-known-issues-list/385510?u=revertmercy-1433

Role q in qp rn is a bug. Role limits were not supposed to be enabled for qp and they accidentaly were. It may take some time yes, but it’s a known bug and they are working on it.

in the ptr the QP was in roleqeue, could mean they are just secretly testing this thing role qeue limit.

i don’t think a whole mode gets a role qeue limit by accident.
if that was actually an accident someone had to have screwed up so much so that they could be fired for it.

In ptr all modes that would eventually have role queue did. But, this is not ptr it is the beta season that they are only testing comp. Not qp, and not any other mode. Also, the way role qp is in qp rn (bug) is not proper as it doesn’t have you pick the role you want before you queue but rather has limits (first come first pick basically). It is a bug, it was a mistake, they happen, they’re fixing it

Think about it though, this has to be the single biggest change to the matchmaking algorithm and to the very code of the game that Overwatch has had since they added Hero Limits. Such a change is quite a lot. More than a new hero, more than any new map.

Why do you think they set aside two weeks as a beta season?

remember they have internal builds of the game, they can release any internal build they have, they would most likely have had this game working internally for atleast a month with everything that the game is supposed to be and worked on bugs with their internal builds.
meaning if that doesn’t happen internally then that shouldn’t happen for the majority of players on the live server.

this is more to the effect that they sent in the wrong build of the game.

don’t you think they’ve atleast patched this game about 30 times to internal pc’s to see what would happen to make sure the game wouldn’t be “bugged” like this?

and they’ve said they’ve been working on role qeue for some time now.

to put this weird role lock limit into perspective, this is like they accidentally released mauga from internal testing, that’s how weird this.

if it only happened to some it would be more understandable as a bug, but this is a whole code that’s actually get’s screwed up for everyone upon patching, i think they would have noticed in private testing.

I’m just saying, this isn’t the first time a bug has shown up on live that wasn’t on PTR. It happens so frequently in fact that it must mean they do some sort of porting from one to the other, and that porting process can be buggy.

but for everyone? i’d wager it’s the wrong build of the game entirely.
a porting process can be buggy but only for so much, and they must have had this problem for a long time if they’ve actually been working on it for a long time and known about it too and they could not with good conscience release a buggy state of the game if it was known to them.

as i said they would have most likely tested this porting process atleast 30 times without fail in different ways to make sure it’s working correctly or in their intended way before releasing it, else they would have postponed the patch due to bugs for atleast another 10 days.