Are we getting a scoreboard?

all competitive games have a scoreboard, but overwatch is coming into it’s 3rd year without one.
Personally I would like to have one to see where the other team excelled when i lose, what heros they we’re playing and what kind of numbers they were pulling in damage, healing and objective time.

75 Likes

I’d hope never. I’m glad OW doesn’t have one.

33 Likes

why? I would like to see the data because I’d find it helpful to improve, is you don’t you can skip it.

34 Likes

Hopefully they add this in next week, that’d be pretty neat. Don’t h8

2 Likes

I hope they don’t add a scoreboard. For example Sombra and Mei do less damage than the other DPS due to the utility they bring - a scoreboard would reflect unfairly upon them. Also, it would breed toxicity. If you think a scoreboard is a good idea, then you’re either a one trick who doesn’t understand how half the rooster works, or you haven’t thought about it properly.

13 Likes

Read these about why they don’t want a scoreboard.

14 Likes

Individual Hero scoreboard for Ranks I can live for.

This community can’t even handle medals, imagine having a scoreboard to add fuel to yelling at your team mates. I’d be okay with one if it only shows my own stats; not that of my team mates nor the enemies.

19 Likes

The game is too complex to have a meaningful scoreboard.

12 Likes

If you look at cards at the end of a match sometimes Sombra and Mei could be rewarded for number of enemies hacked or frozen. If this data is collected it could be represented in scoreboard.
I think scoreboard is a necessary thing - every competitive game has it. I don’t understand why Overwatch hide stats from players in the first place. I want to know the quality of players’ performance. E. g. when I want to endorse someone I usually do it for healers because they are most noticeable if they heal you much. But what if dps have played well? Hpw would I know? Should I count kills for every teammate in my head? Or ask them about how much damage they’ve done?
Players can be toxic by their own. Scoreboard is just viable tool. It could also be used in defense of one-trickers - if they perform well you can’t tell they ruin a match.

6 Likes

Only people that say this are the ones that have something to hide

2 Likes

I can’t comment on whether there would be more or less flaming overall with a scoreboard, but I know that the trash-talking that I receive would be reduced by 99%.

The amount of undeserved whine that I’m getting in competitive games is just incredible. Like, really. Pretty mind-blowing. And only because there is no scoreboard, because if there was one, that flaming teammate wouldn’t dare to blame the player who makes 1/3 of the team’s damage with only a tiny fraction of the heal that the other are getting. That guy would have to find another scapegoat, or would just have to shut up to avoid being ridiculed by the person that he is trying to blame.

When I started this game I was playing a lot of Widowmaker in QP to get a feel of how to aim with this engine, etc., and here again, the amount of undeserved crap that you hear is just insane. At some point I even wanted to make a video of all these mad teammates yelling at me whereas I have gold dmg, gold/silver elims, and 70% scoped accuracy.

I feel like the lack of scoreboard leads to situations where the bad players are actually blaming the better players, whereas with a scoreboard it would be the opposite. So I can understand why Blizzard prefers the first option. Let’s protect these people and their failures by hiding their stats, so then everyone is sort of equal when it comes to complaining. And with private profiles it’s even better!

10 Likes

Yes. I’m hiding a ham in my closet.

Scoreboards aren’t going to reduce the toxicity.

4 Likes

Not having a scoreboard creates toxicity.
no one knows what’s going on and it’s always everybody else’s fault instead of your own. And then the finger-pointing starts because nobody knows what’s going on half the time.
Lack of information is what causes a lot of problems in this game.

16 Likes

Now apply that to that one DPS or support that’s under-performing because no one is helping them. They’re going to be an instant target.

“ur trash kid uninstall”

5 Likes

and having one creates more, it’d be a silly feature to have and would provide zero data worth having. Fingers will be pointed regardless of if there is a scoreboard or not.

2 Likes

So every competitive game that has ever been released on console and PC , there have been scoreboards.
Every sport competition or the Olympics or anything that requires some sort of competitive play there have been scoreboards.
There are even scoreboards in the OverWatch League and the casters have all the stats people want.

Scoreboards have worked in every medium of competitive sports or games without any issues.
Just because some delicate flowers think that they will get their feelings hurt doesn’t mean that scoreboards are not a good idea or have not worked since the beginning of time wherever there have been competitive games.

Nowhere besides on these forms have anybody said that scoreboards have been a bad idea. Imagine watching the football game can people start rioting because there are scoreboards. Ridiculous.

12 Likes

Because that’s OWL and the pro players aren’t going to use those stats to yell at team mates. There’s a difference between the casual playerbase and those who are playing professionally under a contract.

2 Likes

Well it’s a good thing this isn’t apart of the Olympics… Also, can you name any games in which a scoreboard hasn’t led to more toxicity? I can’t think of any and the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL and MLS seem fine without having score boards outside of the score of the game up during game play.

Also, the person you’re arguing with said it was a bad idea… First time for everything I suppose.

1 Like

h ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F1YIkDsBrPg

(Remove space after the first h)