Are we ever going to get guilds?

Blizzard, your game is terrible in so many ways.

You have to start giving us stuff that will make it actually enjoyable again. I’m tired of people one-tricking without mic. Tired of not having some kind of a map voting system. Tired of trolls and throwers.

Competitive is in such an abysmal state. There needs to be a new competitive system where people who are actually interested in teamwork can congregate and play together.

4 Likes

How will guilds weed out trolls? I’ve been seeing these threads and do not understand how guilds will fix anything. It’s no different than LFG. You will see the same people popping up in these guilds who you will still probably not want to play with after 2-3 games anyways…

Can’t tell you how many friends I’ve added then deleted after next play session cuz I realized they were actually just trash and were just having a good game or two.

Better not. A player wants to start the game and be in a competitive match ASAP. Having to beat the bushes around your guild for an hour before starting a game is not very appealing. Also, playing with guild mates comes with losing the freedom to decide on a whim whether you want to play another match or not. Keep comp as is.

1 Like

lol wut

The more pressing question regarding clans would be, why not?

Most, if not all, arguments I’ve seen against clans are nonsensical and fall into one of the below camps:

1. " we don’t need clans because we have blizzard groups." Wrong. Blizzard groups are nice, no denying that, but the groups simply shows people that are signed into the blizz launcher . Just because they’re on, doesn’t mean they’re playing OW, or even want to.
  2. LFG fills the place of clans, adding clans now would be redundant ” Again, wrong. LFG was another great step in the right direction… but it still fails because you’re grouping up with complete strangers… strangers who more often than not leave the group after only one loss.
  3. clans would lead to more division since not everyone would be able to be in one ” For the third time, wrong. Anyone would be able to start their own clan
  4. clans would lead to more toxicity, and worse, sexist clans that don’t allow girls ” Again, anyone would be able to make their own clan. There could be all girl clans, clans for people that only like QP, clans for competitive types… you get the idea.

And here are the main benefits of clans:

It gives you a chance to play with people consistently over a period of time. This is -very important- because it gives you a chance to get to know them, to build rapport and camaraderie . Over time you instinctively pick up on your team mates habits… you’ll suddenly notice when your team mate goes left, you go right to help flank… when someone goes in alone, you’re more likely to want to jump in and help them becaues you know them and they’re not some LFG rando that’ll leave after the match anyway.

You could have battles against rival clans which I think would be spectacularly fun and competitive. I’d rather duke it against other clans then duke it out in competitive where my rank is always in flux.

If blizz can make league skins, they could easily implement a system that lets you have clan skins . I mean the possibilities with this type of system are astronomical.

There is hope … In an interview with stylosa, he asked Jeff Kaplan about clans, and jeff let out a suspiciously large grin and said "I can neither confirm/deny the presence of such a system… but we have some exciting social features coming up towards fall.

TL;DR: The absence of clans in a game that’s so heavily marketed around team play is absolutely dumb founding. It’s been past time for something like this for quite a while.

5 Likes

You wouldn’t be forced to join any clan or guild though… so you’d be fine.

See above

1 Like

Check out the clan megathread OP, we’re about to reboot it for 2019

The end purpose of guilds/clans would be to form more permanent teams i.e. guys with whom you play for weeks even for months maybe. This is also what I would like to see implemented.

1 Like

a feature I’d like to see is being able to join multiple clans. You should actually be able to join all the clans ever created. But I think allowing you to join about 5-10 would be sufficient. Clan shopping is something no one needs.

Wouldn’t it be nice if Lebron was on all the teams at the same time too?

#badidea

nah, it’s not about guild QoL, it’s about player QoL

Yeah something like this. Probably in practice, depending how much teams would like to play there would be a natural limitation to few maybe even one. And ofc if you start to rise up in SR you would most likely with same ppl or join new guilds/teams in higher SR.

1 Like

I don’t want guilds. I like to play alone and if people grouped up it would either place me at a disadvantage or raise queue times.

No thanks.

1 Like

Not everyone (like yourself) wants guilds though, and you wouldn’t be forced to join any guild. It would only place you at a disadvantage if you weren’t using voice comms, but there are plenty of people who don’t use voice chat anyway so it wouldn’t make a difference in the end.

You know there’s a friendlist right? All they would need to do is increase the slots because I’m at 200 friends so I have to remove inactive people but those slots are slowly fading away. I pretty much get invites within a few minutes if I’m just idling in menu by people who’ve I’ve played with that added me because they thought I was good and that I accepted.

Sure they could add some sort of UI to it and groups similar to what Valve has but again, in every competitive game I’ve ever played which had some sort of clans you have those people on your social platforms (IRC, Discord, Skype etc.) and in-game friendlist.
If you want to find people of your skill level to play with it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to find out where you can find some…

The problem is that even then you get “random” guys every evening. Like you said 200 friends => still creates too much random factors. What I would like to have is a permanent 6 stack to play with let’s say 3-4 nights per week.