Are We Doing Enough to Shame QP Leavers?

People should not be forced to continue a match they dont enjoy anymore specially if it is QP and you will be replaced anyway.

They should remove the penalty in QP entirely. I rather leave than have a 10 minute game where I wait until its finally over.

3 Likes

Is that even a punishment? I always wanted to have a free of charge smurf. :thinking:

I woudl say just force them to wait for 10 mins or until the match is over before they can queue again.

Levels mean nothing. They’re just a number that doesn’t effect literally anything. XP and endorsement penalties would actually encourage staying in game.

You take quick play way too seriously

4 Likes

jeez this is a little harsh. why do we need to shame people for leaving a casual game mode? sure it is encouraged to stay in a game you queued for, but its still qp. if you relly feel like you are entitled to a full game of overwatch with no leavers then play comp.

The customer support system is already at it’s end with the amount of tickets and reports recieved. And then adding this unnecessary stuff that literally achieves nothing.

We literally have backfill… also for real… shaming?

The point is to break the loop and not make people angry or look bad.
You should not shame someone for breaking the rules but punish them, that’s how it works. You don’t want to put a tag on someone they’re stuck with so they just get harassement.

We have seperated Competitive Play and Quick Play for a reason.

We’re not here for morals but to keep a standard order in rules. Whether or not someone is sick in the head or not, it depends on if they break the rules.

Just a second ima pull some wise words r smthin.

It’s something different, though we shouldn’t show whether or not someone is a bad boi or not because that is just bad simply said.

i dont understand why they still let people queue into those maps. those maps are the main reason i hate qp, right next to players who take the mode too seriously

There probably could be a slightly harsher penalty. People always like to say “it’s just QP” to justify any poor or toxic behavior. Leaving a match early still puts your team at a disadvantage regardless of how fast you get replaced and you are probably reducing the amount of fun the other 5 people on your team are having by leaving.

They could add a stacking time penalty for queueing again. Something like how the XP penalty works where leaving more games within a time frame or number of matches played adds to the number of matches you are penalized for. The time before you are allowed to re-queue increases.

It doesn’t need to apply for the first few games because things like crashes happen and there are completely valid reasons for leaving matches. It also shouldn’t apply if you leave before team select finishes.

Or they could just fix the algorithm to not put 6 gm’s to other team and 6 golds to other.

I think ppl should be allowed to quit in the first part of a match free to prevent them from having to play on maps they hate, but at the same time having to backfill a match that’s already over is really annoying. I think you had a good idea with the time penalty. It would also help them cool of if they’re tilted.

I play tank so if I leave a game then there’s another game waiting for me straight away. If you put in a system to punish me for leaving it would also punish 4 people who are waiting in queue for a tank.

I typically will only leave if we have DPS healers or a troll healer comp like Lucio Mercy or Lucio Zen. Life’s too short to tank for people like that when I can leave and get a proper game.

You assume shaming people will make them stop.

It won’t.

You can change my name tag to ParisLeaver and all my skins to furries if you’d like but I ain’t playing that crap.

The time penalty is the best approach - because as mentioned, people aren’t worried about the XP and some actually wouldn’t mind going backwards in levels and borders.

So the ones that have actual emergencies won’t mind since they would be away and the ones that quit for whatever other unreasonable reasons get rightfully punished where it hurts - their time to play.

The difference between Quick Play and Comp isn’t about the level of seriousness, it’s in how fast you can play and finish a match in QP. If you want to mess around and play “non-serious” matches, that’s what custom matches are there for.

you think the leavers it is only the big main problem on this game?

1. you have leavers.
  2. millions of cheaters.
  3. millions of smurfs.
  4. de rankers.
  5. ppl who enter with 0 knowledge on comp and what is tank supp or dps is and this is match making fault btw this means the game its self don’t know what it is and when.
  6. boosting and nerfing roles.
  7. boosting teams.
  8. AI cheating.
  9. spawn kills.
  10. overtime for 1 eternity and not with 60 sec example timer.
    you want more problems on this game? i have few more and don’t be surprised the company do nothing for all of this problems.
1 Like

No, this is so stupid, it’s not competitive, you aren’t losing anything, if you want to play a game where people don’t leave them play comp.

1 Like

Yes you should be penalized for leaving the match, therefor leaving your team with the odds stacked even more against them

1 Like

no, they do not have any odds stacked against them in that situation. qp has backfill, so the team will be fine. he shouldnt be penalized because he wants to have fun in a casual gamemode, and therefore should be able to leave a game when it puts him in an unfun map.

1 Like

They should have a stern looking lady in a old timely nun outfit follow the leaver around ringing a bell and yelling “Shame” “Shame” “Shame” “Shame”.

Until you’re in a match that DOeSNT get back filled. How about you just grow up and play the match you signed up for? Even with backfill, your tram is short a person for however long it takes the new player to load the match, pick a character, and get to point. I’ve had multiple games where the spot was never filled no matter how long my team stalled