Are the Devs trying to murder Baptiste now or something?

Like what is going on now?

Baptiste was underperforming for pretty much all of his game time until the Moira nerf in December.

Then he gets hit with 5 nerfs.

1. Immortality field nerfed
  2. Immortality cooldown nerfed
  3. Ult charge nerfed
  4. NOW his gun is being nerfed
  5. AND HIS HEALING IS BEING NERFED

I guess the Devs don’t like him anymore or something.

92 Likes

Looks like he is getting the mercy treatment, soon it might be a sym one too…

28 Likes

The changes on PTR feel horrible, for both his primary AND his healing.
Like WOW.

14 Likes

Of all the heroes that need to be nerfed why is he the one in the crosshairs?

4 Likes

That’s just what happens to you when you become a meta support (unless your name is zen or lucio)

64 Likes

It’s aimed at upcoming OWL play, especially for OWL viewership. They’re concerned Baptiste will see too much play in OWL and they want to make supports make diverse, so people get less bored watching it.

As for the rest of the playerbase, they don’t care as much.

OWL is the main reason why they’re pushing out balance patches quicker all of a sudden, because OWL is just around the corner.

16 Likes

I mean I (as a bap main) kinda think he deserved it. He is hard meta (look at top 500 support, it looks like when doom was meta) and honestly it’s getting a little boring.

I really want ana to be meta now ngl :))

23 Likes

TBH, Baptiste is broken, even as is.

He needed the damage nerf as he made soldier irrelevant so alot of games i had playing dps (plat) id have dps baps who are dps mains playing bap for no reason than shorter que times… And they, like, didnt heal FYI).

Bap still heas large AOE heals AT RANGE, good damage output, an immortality field WHICH HAS A SHORTER COOLDOWN AND IS (different) BUT BETTER THAN REVIVE) ON A SHORTER COOLDOWN and his ult is, well, insane. Ult alone can win a fight.

Dont go telling me he didnt need the nerf. He did. TBH, hes still a ridiculously OP character.
Hes just not as reliably the main source of healing, which i like, so say moira or ana+bap will allow bap to actually deal decent damage rather than spam healing most of the time cause we have a zen/lucio.

22 Likes

YES PLEASE I WANNA PLAY ANA AGAIN :frowning: :drooling_face:
ive got to play ana 3 times this season… Okay, maybe like 5 times, but only 3 of those tyimes was she the better pick due to just how insane immortality + AoE heals is.

5 Likes

Because he still has a near 100% pick rate in GM, even after the first set of nerfs.

Now we might actually see a true balance in support pick rates in GM. Maybe. But I think Ana may come back strong if dive doesn’t.

15 Likes

People in this thread really confused by this? He had super high pick rates and was the backbone of every meta since goats

22 Likes

As a main Bap, the recovery time is fair, like before the buff
But the heals nerfs is way too much, Ana is a must pick now GG pros

3 Likes

The amount of healing he could output as a multi-target healer was crazy. There were times I had 3k healing in the first minute of the match. He was crazy and it was fun to play him, but it’s true that his healing was too strong.

As for the damage, that really only effects higher ranks, but I think it was a needed change as well. He could output crazy damage, especially with his ult in play. This nerf slows him down a little bit but really isn’t that big of a deal.

I do disagree with the nature of the immortality nerfs. (I think the cooldown should have simply started once the lamp was destroyed not at its deployment, but hey, lamp is still quite powerful.)

I think he’ll still be one of the most popular heroes. He or Moira because deathball comps are popular, which means group healing is stronger than single target heals like Ana. He isn’t dead, but far from it imo.

3 Likes

OWL stage 1 will play on patch 1.44. If the next patch is 1.45 instead of 1.44.2, then it won’t be the one played in OWL stage 1.

1 Like

No, they’re trying to balance him because he’s completely busted on live.

1 Like

Symmetry

“Welcome to my Reality”

1 Like

Baptiste wasn’t just meta, he was broken. The value you could get out of him, even with little to no skill was incredible.

The original design idea was that Mercy was supposed to be the go-to for a tonne of healing output. Then Moira was made who had more healing, but traded off Rez, DB and mobility. Then Baptiste, with slightly less mobility than Moira, but much more healing, much more range, much more damage, much more utility, much better ult.

He deserves everything he’s getting, and honestly could still do with more. Concidering how lamp is more powerful than Sleepdart and is easier to use, all the while outhealing and out damaging Ana just shows how powerful he is.

He’s literally the Hanzo of supports.

4 Likes

Ya what I wanted to see was a partial revert of his gun fire rate buff (.36 to .4) and then his ult charge decreased to 10% (partial revert to insane ult nerf) and then the cooldown for immortality field to be reduced to 20 seconds since the ability is hardly worth a 25 second cooldown, looks like they went the other way and god knows why

1 Like

Oh poor symmetra, she got nerfed for no reason after the first set of nerfs, and this seems to be a trend with blizzard where the first nerf seems completely fair and doesn’t ruin the character (sym damage nerf, Orisa fortify nerf, Moira self heal nerf, sigma barrier nerf) but then they just go screw it and then nerf the wrong areas of their kit for no reason

3 Likes

At this point its to be expected so when i saw the patch note to the baps symmetry treatment i just said

Called it!

1 Like