Are OWL Tokens per day capped at 18?

I watched the last 2 OWL streams live until the end.

First stream: 7:44:25
Second stream: 9:17:46
Total hours: 17 = 51 Tokens

But I only got 36 Tokens, 18 each day.
Are the capped? Just wondering.

Im pretty sure that its 1 for each map

2 Likes

“You’ll earn three League Tokens for every hour of live Overwatch League matches watched on Twitch…” - source

I don’t really know how this work anymore.

1 Like

okay, now Im confused… wasnt it 1 token every map last season?

This season it’s now 3.

I seem to have gotten 32 for yesterday, altogether because they were delayed I assume? Left it on for almost the whole thing.

Yes, last season.
Now it’s 3 Tokens for every hour watched.

2 Likes

ok, nice to know :slight_smile:

I don’t feel like actually looking it up, but it also says that the payout will end 105? minutes after the last scheduled match. So if there are 4 matches, all 1.5 hours, that gives a total of 6 hours and 15 minutes? So yeah, I think it’s basically capped at 18.

Edit: “Viewing-time accumulation ends 105 minutes after the start of the final scheduled match of the day.”

So, it could mean that you can get tokens up to 105 minutes after the last match starts, or up to 105 minutes after the last match is scheduled to start. I know I watched more than 7 hours and only got 18 yesterday, but then again it could just be buggy.

What a weird system lol

Thank you for this information. Now let’s do some math:

• Titans vs Dragons starts at 5:41:10, +105mins = viewing time stops at 7:26:10 (18mins lost)
  • Dynasty vs Fuel starts at 7:07:24 +105mins = viewing time stops at 8:53:24 (24mins lost)

If it actually works like this, I lost less than an hour so I should’ve got 48 Tokens instead of 51.
Which I didn’t anyway.

Tokens are very buggy so far, they may take a full day or more till u actually receive them

I for one, got a total of 70+ during these three days, so no they’re not capped at 18

Yeah, I’m not really sure. I did edit my post to include a couple possible interpretations (although, based on the wording, I would assume it’s the way you interpreted it). But, if it’s meant to be 105 minutes after the last match is scheduled to start, then that would only be about 6 hours.

And then there’s always the possibility (like many others have stated) that it’s really buggy. On the first day, I watched for at least 3 hours and only got 3 tokens :man_shrugging: Sucks, but, what can you do?

Wouldn’t 18 per day get you 72 for the week? And if the 105 minute thing is legit, that would be 6 hours and 15 minutes per day, so an extra hour for the week, giving you 75. Once again, could just be buggy, but getting 72/75 per week is still totally legit if they cap it, instead of just 3/hour no limits.

What week. it’s been 3 days mate

Wasn’t it 4 days? Thursday 14th - Sunday 17th?

As I said, I watched 3 days. Friday-sat-sunday and got 70+ tokens. Not sure what u’re arguing about

let me guess, you have 72 Tokens right?

I could be wrong, but it might have to do with time outside matches not counting. E.g. breaks, pre-show, post-show, desk talk etcetera. So using the entire playtime of a day as a comparison is probably wrong.

Edit: I’m using your quote, but I’m just responding to this thread in general.