Are ow servers dying?

Usual ping is at 48-52 Suddenly it goes 120+ and just stays there stable its not a spike its not ping flaxuation just my ping decides to stay at 120ms. And before you say im forced connect to another server no i triple check im always connected on AMS1 {Which is on Eu}

Im trying everything in my power even contacted my net provider to be sure and seems everything is okay on my end curently im reinstalling the game if this does not get fixed then its on your own end blizzard from my side i done anything in my power.

And before you ask no im not on wifi. Yes its only me using the internet currently. No applications running in the back. yes i switch cables today even to check if it was a hardware issue. Yes i have reinstall drivers. Using a vpn such as Wtfast and Haste helped 0% maybe by a couple of 2ms down. Current network speed 50mbps Down 5mbps Upload
And to point out again any other game runs smooth and great on ping related example such as Apex, Cod, Only overwatch runs poorly for me at least again ping related.

If reinstall wont help idk Blizzard its on your end this one… {Im just frustrated at this point}

1 Like

You might be on AMS-1 but it may be routing past that to US. This is a problem that has come back a bunch of times. Usually you know it’s happening because your ping is, well, the ping you get from western europe to US and stable.

Also I was once on an EU login server but routed to the middle east.

wtf? i never heard that before. Is any any way to check that? i mean currently im reinstalling the game but if its continues to happens might aswell check that.

Also thank you very much for that :slight_smile:

I can’t remember if you can get responses from the nodes that identify locations past Amsterdam, but it was always the Amsterdam (NL) server when it happens. It’ll start sending game info from it to the US (and back again) so it’s like you’re connecting to the US even though you nominally seem connected to the EU server in Amsterdam.

An obvious flag that this is happening is that your ping is fine otherwise but in OW it’s a solid, stable ping just like you’d connected to the US (so about 120ms for me). It doesn’t happen often but it does sporadically happen (I’ve experienced it twice).

If your ping is fine there is nothing you can do except draw Blizzard’s attention to the issue and muddle through their help.

[Main Thread] EU Servers - high latency - #10 by Suzie-21609 here’s just one example and it’s that old dog AMS1 again

1 Like

this is happening every week exactly as you say. My ping is not flaxuating like from 50 to 120. it just stays at 120 stable and sometimes even if i restart my internet nothing is changing so i guess its exactly what you say because all the things you pointing out i have them :confused: so as you say lets wait from blizz to fix it :confused:

Again thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

I just checked my own connection (zero issues) then tested in Overwatch. My ping in DM was 165 and solid. It should be 30-50. I’m in the UK and I presume you are too (or close by).

Problem is certainly on Blizzard’s side again.

im located in greece my connection is solid and my average latency in ow is around 47/52. Also tested in other games again same Ms apex i got 55 in Cod 52/65 which again is my average in those games. But in ow oh god…

Update

and after reinstalling the entire game nothing changed. Im so sick and tired of this everytime games have issues and we left to fix them our selfs… like if we keep going like that soon we will be IT from home…

Did you run an MTR?
Use the server in the netgraph

i have done this multiple times im not getting my self to do another one im sick and tired of this. all i want is my play my Fing game on my day off… i dont wanna do the IT at my home this is ridiculous

Any routing via US server?