Are noobs welcome in overwatch?

Nah, its just a bunch of elitist that want things to be hard for everyone.

2 Likes

Just ignore them. Winston requires almost no mechanical skill to play but he is in almost every OWL game. When XQC got released from OWL they didn’t sign me up to replace him, you know why? I’m not nearly as good at Winston… not even close. Bear that in mind when people say “skill-less”.

To answer your question:

h ttps://imgur.com/gallery/wWDn3

1 Like

That’s just the saddest thing ever TT_________TT

1 Like

Low levels are probably filled with smurfs like in league of legends, so no

Players that just start in Overwatch aren’t n00bs, they’re just new.

We all had to start somewhere. For many, Soldier: 76 was very accessible to new players coming from FPS titles. As we all know, Soldier: 76 is a key contributor in many scenarios, even if he’s less difficult-to-master than other heroes.

I’d encourage you to practice in QP, Custom Game, or even in the Arcade (i.e. Mystery Heroes) if you want to challenge yourself with more difficult-to-master heroes. There’s plenty of players trying to hone their skills and improve their play; that’s nothing to be ashamed of. You’re not alone. So, feel free to experiment and play the heroes that intrigue you. And above all else, have fun.

The Overwatch team wants you to have an enjoyable experience when playing the game. :+1:

81 Likes

Newbie, newb, noob, or n00b is a slang term for a novice or newcomer, or somebody inexperienced in a profession or activity.

:thinking:

20 Likes

Political correctness.

1 Like

Well, the world could always use more heroes! :slight_smile:

Whenever I see a player that is level 25 or less in the game I always say in Match Chat, “Welcome to Overwatch [Name of New Player]!”

Overwatch is a great game and I will make anyone who is new (or starting an alternate account) feel welcome.

3 Likes

Derogatory slang term, mind you.

5 Likes

it is also a derrogatory term to undermine people who are just starting to play, a nonsense elitistical adjective that should have no place on a gaming community, unless of course you use it as an endearment term for a friend in which case it’s alright I guess

8 Likes

I never thought Tom powers would ever respond to me. Thanks for the tips I’ll try to get better.

2 Likes

I think you’ll be better with some heroes than you think. I never played FPS, most of the games I play that involve guns also involve enough stealth to never need to shoot a gun, and I was like, oh I guess I’d better stick to heroes like Mercy or Winston. Turns out I suck as Winston, yet I’m remarkably good as Ana.

You never know what hero you’ll magically have skill with and who you suck as until you try them. Heck, I can’t play Junkrat, or Brigitte two heroes who everyone says are no skill. Yet from my 100 hours on Ana, I’m totally fine as Widowmaker. But I can’t play Soldier or McCree very well.

But wait, you’re saying players try to hone their skills? That’ s pretty easy seeing as Blizzard keeps making heroes requires less and less skill every minute.

Brigitte, Moira, and now Lucio? Ugh.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing since 1 day AFTER Winter Wonderland 2016 ended, this is the only FPS I play so I guess compared to some other players I am a noob, but just because someone is easy to play(some of my favorite argument are: “Mercy, you just hold M1, and occasionally rez”, “bastion, you just hold M1 and aim at enemies, and stop M1 while you wait for Genji to do his deflect then go back to M1”, or my favorite “Torb, you place turret, pull out hammer, and hold M1 next to turret”, while they sound simple, they also have a high skill ceiling which people don’t realize, I’m in gold and I probably have common sense than about 70% of people on these forums) doesn’t mean they don’t have a lot of skill, the opposite can also be said, take Widowmaker for example, she takes a lot of skill to master about 90% of her skill set, but there isn’t too much to do after, just like how with Sym, you could play her maybe 10 minutes and be at the skill set with her as the rest of your rank but there’s still a lot you can do to use every last niche of her kit to it’s fulles extent

If only the community were so kind…

2 Likes

I had two friends start playing the game, they’ve never really played FPS games on PC, and were so used to console, that me and another equally experienced friend grouped up with them to show them the ropes and help them improve through quickplay.

People apparently don’t like when you’re a 4 stack, but 2 of you are new, and you’re not automatically winning the game for them.

No they’re definitely noobs, its kinda the whole definition. We can’t protect everybody from everything. Internet nomenclature is ingrained in gaming culture and its not gonna go away anytime soon. The more you try to erase something on the internet the more prominent it becomes. i.e. pepe

3 Likes

Exactly, I’m good D. Va and about 90% of the support category(Ana being the exception) but most of the others categories(except defense) I suck as but in my goal to get every trophy for Overwatch, I found out I’m not too bad with McCree, Sombra, Tracer, and Winston, but then I’m horrible with just about everyone else(my best for defense would be Bastion and Mei)