Are Ana mains demanding more Buffs getting greedy?

It really depends on the balance strategy that they want to go with. Currently the devs are talking out of both sides of their mouth. On the one hand they say they want heroes to have strengths and weaknesses. But then you look at Mercy who literally has no weaknesses, a hero that requires much less skill to use too.

If they are going to actually follow through with this strategy they need to start nerfing a lot of heroes to be on the same level as Ana. If Mercy was made to have actual noticable weaknesses I have no doubt that Ana would be meta even in her current state. However because I don’t think they are going to do that, as there are plenty of heroes that are lacking weaknesses, they need to significantly buff Ana to match.

3 Likes

Oh I agree with that wholeheartedly, I just know for fact that’s not really going to help her on Console considering that Blizzard had nerfed Ana when she was in a balanced position.

She’s never really fallen into a similar position as where she is on PC.

Yes, because a few teeny buffs, a few of which should’ve been QoL long time ago, have catapulted Ana into must pick tier. Just look at her! Played in every single game of OWL just because she’s that good.

/s

3 Likes

I take this reply as you not having any answers for the questions I asked you as I made your argument fall flat on its face.

More heals when she has the highest single target healing and a self-nano boost are ludicrous buffs. You not explaining why these buffs are enough in your eyes and pivoting around the fact that you’re low gold and a Mercy main, proves my point. I don’t take your posts seriously sorry.

2 Likes

Yes that’s why Blizzard applied the several buffs to help out. But I also encourage to help out other characters who have low pick rates like Bastion, Torb, or Sym. Not too get too greedy. You pick Sym or Torb, people think you are trolling or throwing at times. You pick an Ana, sure it isn’t top pick, at least the buff makes her much more viable and fun. Do just want to buff a character until it’s top pick or meta? Because that’s a whole different ball of wax. I’m just suggesting requesting excessive buff back to back on on Ana can backfire because it can be too greedy, when other characters need a turn as well. It seems nobody wants to give blizzard credit for big buffs or effort.

She is still objectively the worst healer

No she’s not. She is the widowmaker of supports. Amazing at right hands and bad at the hands of those who can’t aim.

Broken record, selective amnesia much? I’m going to cute and paste same reply. After you get debunked or caught lying you just move the goal post.

Nah I just debunked your slander caught with foot in your mouth. You have the hypocrisy talk about being disrespectful or being ignorant. Stop trolling. Using circular logic deflective responses out of anger doesn’t help. You false claim post like mine stunted Ana’s development or just anti-ani Then prove it. Because there’s also post that I advocated Ana to receive a heal buff, or self nano. Those positive changes happen to be applied back to back to Ani along with other several buffs. That’s fact. It’s when people like you make stuff up and to demand more, that I feel it’s it starts to get greedy and unreasonable.

Please keep in mind there’s 20 other characters to balance not just Ana. So they do have a schedule and new maps, skin, lore, characters to introduce. Yet you think this thread is very source of the delays? That’s pretty delusional and unfair. I’m flattered you think I have that much clout. It’s just an open discussion, you are welcome to disagree, but please don’t make stuff up.

I personally would prefer a faster projectile speed for it, and to have the sleep target receive 30% more damage from the attack that wakes them up.

You wanna see what greed looks like, go look at Mercy mains.

Even as she’s having 90% pick rate in OWL and top 2 most picked at ANY rank on ladder, Mercy mains are still asking for some kind of change because she’s “unfun” (read: not op to the point where she gets 99-100% pick rate).

3 Likes

I think that’s completely off topic. But I’m curious. Did Mercy as of late get 3-4 positive buff back to back then demand more buffs like some Ana Main recently?

Or did Mercy got hit by several nerfs back to back recently?

Just saying.

I mean what makes you think they are greedy? She hasn’t really been a competitive pick against mercy or moira who have the same duties. and a buff that sacrifices something for something else is a Qol .Hanzo had a buff like leap he didn’t lose his wall climb just because he can leap now or that his storm arrow bursting less damage than scatter.

Yes and there is no valid reason for you to ask whether they are greedy unless your a person with a lot of experience on that hero. You never gave your reasoning for why its greedy if your constantly fighting against ana(which I highly doubt). It just gets all dramatic about ‘my rights to post stuff’ and the thread never ends over reasonless conversations.

You put a dynamite on one little comment I made while avoiding every single other point I made. I already gave you my response to that.

Again tell me low gold, Mercy main why you think these buffs are enough and why they have made Ana viable again in your view? You keep repeating nonsense about Torb and Sym when they have openly stated both are getting major reworks.

2 Likes

Read this again. I’m an Ana main from the begining with over 200h on her. I know my stuff and i can see this has began to be a stupid argument so here is the anwser to your question:

I get, and to an extent, agree with the point that you’re saying…but whenever you make comments like:

…it sort of comes off as you rank-shaming OP when it’s not necessary.

You can disagree with OP but the way you’re phrasing your argument could be done a LOT better.

Right now you sound very hostile.

3 Likes

It’s not off topic when you are talking about greed.

And the number of buffs and nerfs doesn’t matter, at all, only the eventual balance state of the hero matters.

It doesn’t matter if a hero gets 100 buffs if that hero is still garbage tier (e.g. hanzo until the storm arrow rework); doesn’t mater if a hero gets 100 nerfs if that hero is still god tier (e.g. Mercy).

You’re talking like hero changes should be done on a ration. 3 changes a hero, no matter the result, go to the next hero.

5 Likes

Deflective response. Just because player is low gold. Doesn’t give you the right to lie to everybody or slander. That a thread like this magically stalled Ana development when in reality they have to deal with 20 other characters to run the game, and already applied positive changes to Ana that I already advocated for. You can’t blame me for bounty/lack of updates Ana. You just starting trouble to bring unreasonable ire scapegoating my way.

Technically, slander is spoken…what he would be doing is libel.

Though I don’t really think he meant what you said, so…it wouldn’t be slander or libel.

‘Going broken record is not going to help save you face’

‘Deflective response’

Haha pot calling the kettle black. Have you got any sense of self-awareness? Or is your ego too big to admit you’re wrong? Just look at this thread. You’re not giving anybody substantial replies or responding to why you think these ‘several’ buffs have made Ana viable again like you originally claimed. I asked for why we should take your posts seriously when you’re gold and have no time on Ana.

I never even said this thread specifically stalled Ana’s development. I said threads collectively like this will make developers reconsider buffing certain heroes if they think they’re representative of the wider player base. I want to move on with this little comment you seem to be centering all your replies to me around because i want it to be productive. But you’re trolling and being unproductive by ignoring all the points I made in response to the dubious claims you’ve made.

I think as proven by this thread you’re clearly a lone wolf with your uninformed opinions.

2 Likes

I think it’s important when developers look through threads like this that they know what rank is representing what opinion. Sometimes it’s better to hammer in on your opinion as opposed to going for a softly approach. Rank and experience on hero are very important when it comes to balance. The OP hasn’t replied to any of the genuine points I made though and is sticking a bomb on one little comment of mine he misinterpreted. I think he’s just trolling.

1 Like