Archives Leaks debunked or legit

Please direct to a source - if he did, I don’t think there would be a question on this…

1 Like

Just google Jeff Fran interview…I’ve linked it enough that I know he talks about archives at the 6:18 mark :sweat_smile:

It was a win/win for Blizz since it brought them in viewers for OWL and it showcased the event to players. Personally, I don’t like OWL at all but I will admit that playing that during the OWL was pretty exciting to watch.

Yes - “there might be something cool to look forward to”… that’s not very reassuring that a new event it indeed in store… that could mean any number of things…

Also talks about how things become much easier to do the second time around…and acknowledges how much people loved the previous years edition…

It’s not a guarantee…but it’s damn close to it if you ask me

Jeff said the developer update is going to be up some time next week (probably), the leak said the event will start on April 16, that gives us some days between the two, which seems to be in line with the newer events.

Year of the Dog got a developer update two days before it’s start, for Retribution it was eight days, seven for Anniversary 2018 and that was the last dev update we got for an event (because after that they started “recycling” everything).

1 Like

Its speculated that the date is correct but they’re using a placeholder image from retribution while doing testing on the site for it

Jeff did say there would be a new Archives event, but it was I think like almost at the beginning of the year, prior to the layoffs, though if that changed anything, I’m sure they’d tell us

1 Like

I wish they also uploaded the image for the event when it did go up xD

Retribution was year long project…I doubt lay-offs in January would drastically affect something that was already deeeeeeep into development…especially when those layoffs were of the nonessential personnel type…

Archives is a different monster than other events…it’s is given special treatment…I’m not worried in the slightest

I think you are reading too much into it, but I hope you’re right.

They’ve said the PvE missions for Archives take around a year to make, which means the mode would be very close from being finished when the layoffs happened, i don’t think it would be any significant to the development

Also, i can’t confirm it, but i’ve heard the layoffs didn’t affect developers, only customer support, community developers, and things like that

It seems legit, but time will tell

That makes sense! i didn’t even know he posted on here?

yup

1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Well now I’m confused. I don’t actually know what was said, but I’m wondering if this is one of those cases of the forums translating “maybe” as “we were explicitly promised this would happen where is it!?!?”

The only thing I’m not sure about is the release date. April 16th seem a little late to release and go into May, then Anniversary starts a few weeks later. April 9 or 11th sounds more reasonable.

This calls for a staff member to come on by and confirm/deny this.
Doubt it would happen but it would be very helpful.

He didn’t confirm it, but the way he said it was like “we might have something cool, wink wink, please pretend to be surprised when it happens”