Archive missions ever being added for new players?

There’s an absolutely massive amount of new players who have never experienced the orginal archives missions. Is it that difficult to add them in the missions tab?

1 Like

Initially we hypothesize that they are updating the missions with the new features of OW2 (cinematics, change of Cassidy’s name, power ups, small changes in dating)… but honestly now we are all a little doubtful about this. Or rather, we are a little afraid that with the failure of the PVE turnout they are afraid that people will make their own qualitative comparisons with a limited time mode, which as you have also seen, has the enormous flaw that not everyone can enjoy it if they are not present in the game at the right time.

I understand that the developers want to expand the multiplayer replayability… but at this point I think the best way is to convert the entire PVE to Single player (with optional access to other players, not necessarily denied) and do the same with archive missions as “free packs”. they would have better marketing by following an approach similar to the StarCraft 2 expansions (selling story campaigns) rather than having constant second thoughts about how to make a mode more replayable that CANNOT guarantee the same flow of users on the same narrative for years.

Archives was an excellent PVe experiment… but not repopulating it is a huge flaw for a lore that continually mentions it. And I’m very sorry that the developers avoid talking about it precisely to avoid comparisons with what was done before (because OW1 “doesn’t exist”, obviously :roll_eyes:)

1 Like

To add I would gather a team that would want to a single PVE with optional online co-op, this would be a separate purchase and all cosmetics will carry over souvenirs will be repurposed as props for photo mode, or as base decor, After a story mission is complete the free play version will unlock. Older skins from the shop can found and unlocked and can carry over to PVP.
I think the retail price would be 60$ but I know corpos want it to be 70$.

1 Like