Arcade weekly rewards are flawed

Why is there a win reward system in arcade when over half the modes are literally rng or poorly balanced? i don’t have a huge difficulty with my weekly rewads but still, i think it would be better if they made it games played and increased the wins by 3.

Edit: here’s a better idea, this will now be the main discussion of the topic.

8 Likes

Agreed. In Total Mayhem, it’s pretty much impossible to win on attack.

4 Likes

At first this looks like a good idea.

On the other hand, arcade would be a throwfest if it was changed to games played.

Sooo… no.

At least with wins as a requirement, people try to win, even a bit.

Edit: this idea turned good after a few suggestions and improvements. This could even help with the leaver problem. Let’s keep it up!

Yep and in mystery heroes the best hero stacking usually wins.

I don’t think it would, it would just be like quick play which it already is but it would be less toxic because there’s no more need to win format, some people have been treating it like competitive with all the toxicity that comes with it lately.

Arcade is supposed to be a place where you relax and have fun while trying.

3 Likes

I think the Overwatch community has sufficiently proven by now that, if it can throw games for slightly faster rewards, it will.

It was especially evident in Oni Genji/Officer D.va cross-promotion event.

1 Like

Agreed. I get your mindset. I just don’t want to see people constantly falling off cliffs just to make the game end as quick as possible.

A bit off topic: has anyone else experienced that the most toxic people are in arcade games? QP, and especially comp, seem very chill compared to arcade sometimes.

This left me very confused. The most toxic people I met were in arcade from all places! I just can’t explain it.

1 Like

To be honest it wouldn’t be any different from now in that respect, for example in capture the flag if the enemy gets the first flag then there’s usually leavers on your team, also i don’t think there would be much throwing in arcade because they would be reported, the report system may not always work but if someone is going to throw 9 times each week then they’ll definitely be banned from the game.

All the time, it’s the greed of wanting loot boxes, they seem to be of a higher value then competitive rank or golden guns in the eyes of some.

I don’t know about the most toxic, but there are definitely some bad ones every now and then. I see things like this a lot:

“This mode is such garbage, whoever allowed this to exist should be fired.”
[rage-quits match before it ends]
[plays again next match anyway]

You could get around it though… say you get a loot box for every 9 “Arcade Tokens” you get. A win gives 3 tokens, a loss gives 1. You can get a maximum of 27 Arcade Tokens in a week.

People will still try because you progress your tokens 3x faster.

7 Likes

Good idea, i’d say it’s even better then mine, is it okay if i edit your post into my topic? also a token concept makes a lot of sense since it is called arcade.

2 Likes

Now that looks good! Just like comp points. A Win is still rewarded, but playing the game without leaving is encouraged too.

I like where this thread is going. Good brainstorm material!

2 Likes

That’s a good approach. I’d just add the stipulation that leaving a game before it ends doesn’t qualify as a loss (so rewards 0… or even -1?).

2 Likes

Absolutely. If we want to fit the Arcade idea a bit more, generally tokens is what you use to play and tickets is what you get from the machines and use to get prizes… so maybe call them Arcade Tickets.

Also if people are still throwing; you could do 12 tickets for a box, 4 for win 1 for loss, max of 36 tickets a week.

3 Likes

I had that stipulation in mind when I wrote it but forgot to put it in, oops.

Ever since I started getting duplicates for every single loot box I have stopped playing arcade completely. It’s a waste of time.

With the exception of seasonal events of course.

No thank you.
There are already enough leavers as it is in Arcade. We don’t need anymore.

As much as I’d like it to go by games played, I need people on my team to have a reason to try to win.

I do think the weekly rewards are pretty lame. Unless it’s a holiday event, there isn’t much point in going for the lootboxes (for me at least).

eeeyyyy, my idea is in the OP! You should add Bombz’s stipulation in though, if he’s ok with it.

1 Like

I’ve edited the topic with a better idea.

So you would still only get 3 loot boxes, it would just take longer to get?