April 2022 ready?

Can’t wait to see all the rushed hero reworks devs put together in order to make OW2 5v5 ready for mid 2022!

About how many new and reworked heroes do think will be broken? At least 10 for sure.

5 Likes

Idk but the one thing I can guarantee is that Mercy will be nerfed in some way. She may not need it but she will get nerfed because it seems to be the norm atleast every 6 months.

I mean it’s not really that difficult.

[OW2] Balance Design Blueprint

By blizzard standards this is mt. everest.

They should just listen to me more often.

Problem solved.

I’m guessing it’s a staggered release of PvP content to spice up OWL, which is great.

1 Like

It’ll be exciting to have OWL to what it once was a major and the best esport.

OWL at it’s peak was getting streamed on ESPN and Disney and even on cable and mentioned in TV shows like American Dad.

It was the best esport in 2018.

It’ll be nice to see them back there.

Unfortunately it will probably kill Overwatch Twitch viewership even more since OWL is on YouTube

1 Like

Sounds pretty arrogant. And considering your stance has been get ppl to pick more tanks regardless of balance, im glad they dont.

5 Likes

I’d argue the idea that we need to balanced the game to avoid 3-4 Tanks on a team, is horribly outdated.

Roles don’t need to have equal impact.

My point was you are okay with making tanks OP, with nerfing dps into oblivion as long as more people pick tanks. So with that mentality you have had through so many posts, im happy they dont listen to you.

4 Likes

Yeah, obviously.

The whole concept that Roles need to be equivalent to each other is rooted in Open Queue logic. Which is outdated by more than 2 years.

They need to make Tanks more desirable or else the game dies.

And you basically can’t make roles equal to each other on both Impact and Fun.

So clearly, they are going to fix queue times, and anybody who gets upset about “OP Tanks” is free to quit.

There’s a whole heck of a lot more players who care about good queue times and fun Tanks, than those that still cling onto Open Queue logic.

1 Like

God i hope not.

We have already waited 3 years for this game, the last thing we need is for them to drip feed all the content theyve held back over these last years.

Also the whole point in not releasing heroes and maps all this time in ow1 was to make ow2’s launch as big as possible to bring in loads of interest. If they come out with 1-2 new heroes and then slowly drip them out over months people are not going to be as incentivised to come back at launch but rather wait until there’s substantially new content

Best way to launch is everything at once and then keep the train moving from there forward. We cant go back to no content for months ever again once ow2 launches. It has to keep the ball rolling if it wants to keep up with the competition.

New heroes and maps every 2-3 months, substantial increase in skin releases and cosmetics, we should be getting new stuff every couple weeks at a minimum. Events need to be new and fresh, not recycled years upon years. Balance needs to be faster and more decisive to keep the outliers in check.

1 Like

We’ll see what they have to show at this Blizzcon I guess but it’s very disappointing Blizzard haven’t said anything about access to the game for the rest of the playerbase. It’s nice there’s going to be content to watch but majority of playerbase doesn’t give two sh*ts about OWL and just wants to play the game.

OW1 was not balanced either because no one really knew what they were doing. There were a ton of updates in the early days back to back to back. That will likely happen again. If they wanted to I think they could release heroes rather quickly under that idea.

The part that will take far more time is most likely getting the PvE portion complete. Those have multple map types, enemy factions, several more animations, skill trees, effects, etc. Many systems like the dynamic lighting and sound can go for PvE and PvP.

1 Like

Not even talking about open queue. You in the past have been just fine with nerfing dps to be very weak, if it was a dps good against tanks. You have had the logic of get more ppl to pick tanks at any cost. Which is terrible for balance. Hence, why im happy they dont listen to you. You think all of your ideas are great, while many others disagree with them.

Needing 1 less tank per game will help queues for sure, and yes as 1 tank they need to be stronger.

1 Like

Technically I’m talking about the concept of “Balance” that came before Role Queue.

Where it was desperately important to guard against 3-4 of the same role on a team.

That whole justification doesn’t really exist anymore.

Other than that, the only justification is that “Well some DPS will quit if Tanks have more objective capture impact”.
And to that I say a whole heck of a lot more people would quit because of bad queue times and unfun tanks.

So let the much smaller group quit, if they want to. In the big picture, they don’t matter. And they are very replaceable.

If everything is op then its fine. Cause that’s not a terrible way to balance. Case in point marvel vs capcom 2

Way I see it either we get a staggered release for OWL or we wait until 2023 or late 2022 for a big release.

Pick your poison.

I mean probably none of the reworks were rushed considering they have been planning out these reworks (and likely doing them) for multiple years now. We saw a peak of some of them already and none were broken. Am I really supposed to buy that in a years time (since we last saw OW2) they could not tweak the rest of the cast?

wow i never knew that, have to look that up. must have been when it was brand new