"Applying Update" highlight bug returns?

I can’t seem to view or save some of my recent highlights after the Mardi Gras challenge. When I try to view them, it just says “Applying Update” and stays on that screen. It’s impossible to leave except by force quitting the game through Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Last time this happened (Dec. 19), it was because Blizzard canceled some sort of hotfix. Did that happen again? How do I fix this issue?

3 Likes

Does it display “Unknown Error HF-1”?

If so, please check out this article:

I don’t see that error message when I play a game.

Also, for the record (to anyone else reading who had this problem before and referred to earlier threads on this forum), I’ve tried to boot up Practice Range multiple times or to start a custom game featuring the map in the highlight, sometimes while playing as the hero in the highlight, and nothing has worked. At least, for some of the highlights. Other highlights will say “Applying Update” no matter what I try, it seems.

the same thing is happening to me:(

1 Like

happened to me and I lost 50 Sr in tank because of it

1 Like

i have this issue… :frowning:

It happened to me too. Were you on queue for a game when this happened? because I was.

It’s happened to me trying to get into a couple matches, one Mystery Heroes and one Comp. (Don’t know if I lost any SR from the latter one because I quit after that. Not worth playing again until this is fixed.)

Same issue here. Completely locks my game up and happens pretty frequently. If I’m mid queue, I just get stuck in the menu despite my groupmates already entering the game. Only recently been getting this bug within the past week or two after the latest patch.

I’m getting the same bug. Every time I load the practice range, etc. it states that it’s applying an update.

Same bug. It appears when I try to watch a highlight and to stop it I have to quit the game. It also appears when I go to training mode, but it just shows and then changes to the character select screen without major problem.

Same thing happened to me, I reported it a couple of days ago in the EU forum. Still had to make a post about it in the US forum.

Made a quick video about it:

After making this video it happened again with a Reaper highlight. No idea whether it was the same map/gamemode.

It’s most likely due to file corruption. Which will need US staff to look into what the problem is.