"Applying Update" doesnt let you in ranked - then banned

I keep getting a message that says “Applying Update” when trying to enter ranked - it won’t let me in no matter how long I wait. Then when I close and restart the game, I am serving a suspension/ban. This has happened multiple times the past few days. It is ridiculous!

3 Likes

I came here to report this. Happened to me a few times now and the only way to get past it is if I kill the game then reopen. In comp if this happens, I get suspended.

3 Likes

This has literally just happened to me as well. Extremely pathetic on blizzards part.

2 Likes

Just happened to me also. And blizzard doesn’t give a way to actually contact support on it.

2 Likes

Same…I just get banned at this point why play?

1 Like

Bro a mi me paso lo mismo pero creyendo que despues de cumpliar la suspension se arreglaria me banearon toda la temporada sin competitivo

2 Likes

Same issue here. This is the fourth time this has happened and its currently making the game unplayable.

2 Likes

I wonder when y’all will start paying attention.

Literally pinned post in this forum.

Yeah, and I’m sure everyone goes and checks the bug forums for bugs that will get them banned before they login for the day. Blizzard needs to do better than bury a message as important as this in the bug forums.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. They simply do not give a flying duck about the player experience.

Pro Tip to Blizzard: Invest in the player and they will invest in you.

A snowball effect will begin to happen. No Customer support = Angry players = less play time= less spend = damaged reputation. Keep this going and this is the path you’re going down. From a beloved player, just looking out.

1 Like

I queued for a game of comp, and instead of putting me into the game it just kept me in a screen that said “Entering game” so I waited for a while and it never put me into the comp game I queued for. A few minutes later it says I was removed from match for inactivity and it banned me. My account is named MrMitchman10 and I would like u to unban me so I can continue to play.

1 Like

Your game is horribly made, unban me right now

1 Like

According to the recent community manager reply to the Applying Update bug situation, I’m afraid players will not be compensated for this bug. I’ll leave a link to that here: [Main Thread] Applying Update . Considering the punishment is completely unjustified, the fact players won’t be compensated for this bug is a disgrace and I’d highly encourage you to leave a comment about your situation to that community manager as well.