Applying Update Bug - 1/12/23 1:30 PM EST

Queued for a Comp match and before entering it on my screen it said “applying update” this cycled and did not ever complete. So I closed my game and reopened it to apply the update. After loading into the game I now have a Comp penalty for no reason.

Can we please fix how “applying live updates” are done so this doesn’t continue to happen to people?

14 Likes

This has happened to me multiple times now to the point where I am banned for 8 hours and I’m very upset about it

2 Likes

I’m still only at 15 min bans, but it’s happened to me like 7 times now since release. Ridiculously frustrating to get banned because Blizzard made a garbage game. But I guess they are a small Indy company, so…

1 Like

Same Problem here , I thought it was fixed in a previous patch…
I watched a replay game and had the bug. Had to restart the game. Then I wanted to play some comp and it happened again, Know suspendend…gg

1 Like

How have they not fixed this yet!! It just happened to me a 2nd time!!! Do they want the rest of the player base just to quit? I really don’t get this. This issue has been around for a while and it seems like they don’t care that it affects your ranking. They only seem to care now about the battle pass and selling not so great skins…

1 Like

I’m definitely not buying any skins or cosmetics after this… they do not get my support if they’re not supporting us.

2 Likes

A link to my post in case you would like to read more about this issue Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Competitive Match Disconnection And Temporary Ban.