Apply handicaps to OP heroes

I am sick to absolute death of Rein Zarya having a trivially easy stomp of my team if we run anything else.

If a combo is clearly overpowered, like they are, apply a handicap to the entire team. I’m thinking maybe to ult charge rate? Have Rein Zarya, -30% to all ult charge gains. Now, it’s almost less unfair!

When balance gets fixed remove/adjust the handicaps.

I seem to remember Zarya not being a problem when double shield was a thing.

In that meta, double barrier would have had a handicap instead.

So why handicap a hero because the meta happened to change? It’s not like Zarya became “op” because she got a bunch of buffs? She clearly just does great with Rein. Nerf Rein and Zarya will not get played as much. Leave my baby alone :sob:

Look, it’s just that those two are so much more powerful than every other tank combo they constitute a ridiculous advantage. They need to be handicapped so other tanks can be playable.

I need to not see an Orisa player and be like “We just lost, and they’re throwing”.

We heard your concerns and we listen to our players. Now having both Rein and Zarya in a same team apllies 5% increase in ultimate cost of said heroes. To compensate those changes, duration of thier ultimates is doubled. Reinhardt’s shield buffed to 3000 hp, hammer swing does 125 damage and Charge is instant cast and can pin multiple enemies.

Bleh.

I feel so much like uninstalling. I tried tanking ONE GAME and we just got obliterated because they had Rein Zarya and we didn’t and literally nothing else seems to matter right now.

Next game, I had a Zarya instalock. I complained about playing Rein and they were like “Good reason not to play the game then”. And they were right! I alt-F4’d right out of there.

“How dare you use heroes that aren’t garbage right now, let’s punish you for that!”

Well I used to play Orisa and I loved her kit until she got nerfed into the ground :frowning: . If Zarya gets nerfed to be unfun I will stop playing the only tank I queue up for. Tanks are not played at all and Idk If nerfing them even more will help with queue times. Maybe buffing other tanks to be as fun as Rein/Zarya is the better way to go.

i wont play tank anymore, its so dumb, we are forced to play rein/zarya (im sick of playing both!) or we get reported or we lose, i dont care about reporting but i do want to win , the only way you can freely play other tanks is if enemy team is not using rein/zarya…they need to go!
Rein is the problem imo

Nerfing Rein Zarya would help immensely.

Right now, if you don’t like Rein Zarya, you can’t tank. It sucks, and it’s brutally unfair.

Aside from jokes, Zarya is fine, she just pairs with Rein better than anyone else. Whe Rein was banned, her performance wasn’t all good. Better than orisa’s tho.

Yeah, but Zarya might as well go too. Zarya is just the little hat Rein wears when he kicks your guts in. She has literally no other use or identity.

Not really. Rein is the big issue. I can play Sigma next to rein and do fine. I do great with Hamster too.