Anyway to restore the lost SR?

Hello,

So the answer is probably no - but last week I was playing and my game kept getting stuck at the loading screen for the match. I was at approx 1600 SR, nothing impressive but it happend 3-4 times and the end result was a 2 hour ban.

Anyways, now it seems I’m being heavily penalized as every team I’m matched with is completely horrible. I was at 1600, now I’m roughly 1300 SR and constantly fighting smurfs and/or having to carry literally the entire team. As a Doomfist main, this is VERY tiring and my finger will literally cramp up from giving everyone a taste of the brick wall. It’s also worth mentioning prior to this, I was literally winning every game and we had very balanced games.

Any advice? Can blizzard somehow restore my lost SR and save me from this torment; or should I just go buy a pack of Redbull and plan on coaching these bronze?

If you figure it out, let ya boy know… I think I’m missing a couple hundred myself actually.

2 Likes

Same, I’m thinking about ~250 should do it. That would mean I don’t have to play after my placements put me at the capped 3900 and I can be safely in GM with no worries. That matchmaker robbed me of my SR to “prevent camping” or something.

2 Likes

no youre just bad at the game i am sorry to tell u that

2 Likes

Yeah, atleast you’re in a tier though with people that know what they’re doing.

Bronze tier is just god aweful, you’ll have tanks that don’t group up or do anything and on the enemy team you’ll have a hog being speed boosted by a lucio spawn camping. I get so tired of having to carry and coach people in this low of an SR at times!

But I guess we just have to do what we have to do and carry.

if you belong to 1600 you will get there

2 Likes

That’s not what the post is about, I’m aware of that - what I’m saying is I lost about 400 SR from game crashes and I’m wondering if there’s anyway to restore that - without having to coach/carry.

its a way to see if players actually deserve higher sr and so people dont camp top 500…

1 Like

You’d be absolutely shocked.

Then don’t. Forget about them.

Tanks aren’t grouping up? Just go in with them and try to farm ults, then win the next team fight by taking advantage of the attention your feeding tank pulls.

1 Like

lmao you cant restore the SR rating, that just makes no sense, its like saying “can i get a higher marks in exam because my brain didnt get the answer”

1 Like

That’s ridiculous, why should I be expected to climb several hundred SR against the literal best players in the world when there are people in Plat that can’t even climb 100 SR to hit diamond before the matchmaker slaps them back down? I’m not 2 ranks better than GM!

/s

As Doom, I’m dependent on my support a lot :(. But I mean I can play other heroes, but I like playing doom and I believe I’m pretty well skilled with him.

What I keep finding, is that unless I have a decent tank/decent support I’m just jumping around to health packs and while I can get the softies, it’ll take a junkrat trap to end my onslaught.

That or just go Pharah/Torb, but even then if you don’t have strong tanks support you’re not doing much it feels like.

ANYWAY TO RESTORE THE LOST SR?

Win

6 Likes

cuz if you did it once that means you cna do it again. And exemple you finished 4.3k and get placed 3.9k Youll win more sr than lose cuz your mmr is 4.3k

i know its hard i am high master/low gm myself but i can see why they did that

2 Likes

Due to a game crash, is what I’m asking. The game literally bugged out at the competitive entry screen. If it was just a loss, I’d agree but I thought I’d ask if this existed since it should be logged.

i once lost 700 sr in 2 weeks, i eventually climbed back

1 Like

I don’t mean to flame, but I’ve met very few “good dooms” below like mid diamond. Generally they’d be better off going most other picks in my experience. If you want to play them, that’s fine, but I think you’d have a significantly easier time climbing as almost any other hero, especially one that isn’t so team-dependent.

You gotta not rely on having a decent tank or support if you really want to climb though. Hard truth is there are no “decent tanks” or “decent supports” at any rank when you’re trying to climb. If you’re trying to climb, you have to be better than your tanks and supports inherently, which raises the bar for decent. Otherwise you’re getting carried, not the other way around.

2 Likes

Nice input, thank you I really appreciate it. And thanks for the doom insight. I’ve been watching a lot of GM-top 500 streamers lately, and I notice also they usually only play doom when things are getting hectic. They don’t rely on him.

I can also play genji and tracer, which too be honest I find tracer to be VERY easy in this ELO. You don’t even really have to kill anything - I’ll just warp around behind all of their tanks and force Rein to focus me, thus allowing the team to go in or if they have heavy bunker comp - go Genji and damage deflect everything and dive their back line.

I probably should stop playing Doom so much, but I did have this account at about 800 SR and I climbed 800=>1700 ish with playing mainly only doom.

It just stinks! Doom is so rewarding when you play him well, and it’s so satisfying when you’re with a team that works together.

if you love doom you can one trick him and learn so you can improve and climb, i’ve seen good one trick dooms even in diamond

1 Like

You might also notice that all of those GM and T500 Dooms are generally playing Doom with a few GM or T500 Supports on their team. That makes a huge difference. Doom can carry, but it’s disproportionately difficult to the level that most other heroes can carry, considering how easy it is to feed as him.

GMs and high ranked players in general can provide great tips, because they often have a fantastic understanding of the basics of the game, a role, and multiple heroes in general. However, just watching their gameplay when they’re playing with other GM players is not the most conducive to learning, because what works in GM doesn’t always work in Diamond, or Silver, and so on.

I wouldn’t watch ML7 playing Ana in GM to learn everything about playing Ana in Plat, for example. He’s often able to neglect healing someone because in GM people tend to know when to simply stop taking damage rather than to rely on a healer that may be otherwise occupied.