Anything new with Widow internally?

Is there anything new going on with Widow like all of her bugs being fixed? Refer to this forum post Widow Bug/Issue Megathread w/ Video Examples (updated? 25 January 2019) There are so many bugs that created a lot of bad ingame experiences along with having a kit that just doesn’t do that well. The grapple is fine but the mine don’t feel that powerful and her ult is…well, Hanzo’s 15 second ability. I don’t know if a rework/buff/change is ever coming but maybe there’s a lot going on internally, maybe it just hasn’t been revealed yet.

3 Likes

Widow’s ultimate is one of the most powerful abilities in the game.

So is Hanzo’s 15 second ability.

Good meme. But if you don’t understand the power of it, we can’t help you. It’s just a liiiiiiittle bit above Hanzo’s ability.

If anything happens to Widow, it’ll be nerfs. I’m personally hoping for her headshot damage at max charge to be 250 instead of 300 for consistency but as a masters/GM player, she is very oppressive on almost any map.

She has the power to 1 hit kill any hero in the game thats not a tank like Hanzo but hitscan which is alot more consistent if you can hit your shots

I’m not talking about damage, I’m talking about kit. Whenever widow is brought it, its like she only applies to pro players and top 500’s. That’s like saying she’s controlled exclusively by her pickrate in masters+ and OWL. Her venom mine feels useless and the grapple is riddled with bugs. And for the last time, her ultimate is hanzo’s 15 second ability. Think about that for any other Ult in the game and see how that works. How can an Ult possibly be put on the same level as a ability with a 15 second cooldown. And for being considered a high mobility hero. She feels like the clunkiest moving character in the whole game with her walking speed and of course the hit or miss grapple.

Her role is long range hitscan sniper.

What else do u want the mine to do? its to alert her of flankers.

The ult is alot more powerful than you give it credit and Hanzo’s ability is too good i agree, but it has a limited range.

What are you on about? Fixes to Widow’s hook bugs are the only change she needs.

They’re never gonna fix her hook bugs. They don’t care it seems. They’ve been there for a VERY long time. Also they should fix the bug where headshots sometimes don’t register even though you definitely should’ve gotten the hs.

Mine sucks but it’s whatever but the cooldown being 15 secs is so stupid why is such a weak ability on half the cd of rez? Other than that she’s fine.

She needs way more than just hook bugfixes…

• Netcode (misprediction) bug that causes missed shots needs fixing
  • De-render (occlusion culling) bug that causes enemies to pop-in when rounding corners needs fixing
  • Walkable platforms (and destructible railings) need to be made consistent
1 Like

As the compiler of that megathread, I have tried SO MANY TIMES to reach out to them. Nothing ever reaches the developers.

They don’t feel compelled to talk about her on their own (they’ve never flat out spoken about Widow on their own) they never feel compelled to be transparent about her issues, and even when Jeff sent you that private email, he never disclosed that information to the public.

Furthermore, with the new patch changes adding falloff to her SMG, I’m very thoroughly convinced they will never fix Widow.

As previously stated, Blizzard cannot afford to rework Widow and upset the thousands of players that like her the way she is. Especially now that she’s at the height of her popularity from OWL.

The most they can touch is Infrasight and Venom Mine, and I’m sure they won’t even do that.

Oh I meant in terms of like the ability, not the hundreds of bugs with it. If it worked flawlessly then it works well.