Anyone who approaches Genji's pick rate gets nerfed

People who play the game.

5 Likes

I just report them for spam and move on. The OP ignores anybody who disagrees with him, so these threads really don’t have much of a purpose. We definitely don’t need a new one everyday.

3 Likes

Then improve and start playing the game how it’s meant to be played if you want Sombra to viable.

Any buffs to her will just result in her becoming even more powerful than she already is at the top level.

For the majority of the playerbase Widowmaker isn’t a good pick, does this mean we should buff Widowmaker to make her one for most players and simultaneously make her ridiculously overtuned at the top level?

1 Like

Widow is played on ladder unlike Sombra. Has like more than triple the pickrate.

You cant improve beyond GM on ladder. Even in GM she doesnt hit 1% pickrate.

2 Likes

So?

Sombra will either be too powerful at the pro level or too weak on the ladder.

Having a hero be too weak is always a better alternative to them being oppressive and overtuned in any situation.

2 Likes

That has yet to be proven that she was OP or will be OP when buffed. Fact is that in her “glory stage 3” she ended up being f-tier again ,where everyone thought she was OP.

1 Like

genji is popular because who wouldn’t wanna play cyborg ninja

even if they nerfed him he would still have a high pickrate just like mccree being garbage for years and still being the top picked dps

2 Likes

This is some creepy stalker crap right here. Sad you went through all that trouble.

2 Likes

Winstonslab data from games that happened on the Soldier 76 patch:

Usage Rates:

Soldier 76: 45.44%
Tracer: 53.20%
Genji: 35.98%

Tracer is her own issue but to say Soldier was ‘only as good as Genji’ when being picked almost 10% more over the course of a patch that lasted 6 months is a flat out lie.

The difference between Genji and Soldier was larger than the difference between Tracer (The most powerful DPS in the game at the pro level up until Brigitte’s release) and Soldier was smaller than the difference between Soldier and Genji.

and yet my baby D.Va got nerfed for this same reason. Or was there ever a D.Va meta that I was not aware of

1 Like

Because the entire OWL stage was played on the same patch.

Sombra buffs never went to the OWL games.

Stage 3 was played on the patch she was nerfed on (1.21)

Yeah but went from supposedly “must pick” to f-tier. :thinking::thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

Or maybe it’s an obvious sign that pickrate isn’t the end all be all reason for balance?

She was a literal must pick though.

She had a 89.28% usage rate in OWL Stage 1, beaten only by ‘full power’ moth meta Mercy at 96.61%

Every subsequent stage D.Va was the most picked hero maintaining a near 90% usage rate. She had a 96.24% usage rate during the second stage (While Mercy’s plummeted).

EDIT: Also with Sombra it’s comparable to Doomfist in a way.

Sombra was useless on the ladder but overpowered in pro play. Because of this she got nerfed and went back to being useless on ladder.

Doomfist was powerful on ladder but useless in pro play. Because of this he got nerfed and went to being useless on both ladder and in pro play.

1 Like

Again, by YOUR very definition. Did D.Va define the meta? Was GOATs a D.Va meta, was she the most essential part in making it work, was she so unbeatable and oppressive to play against that she defined the entire meta? This was your own definition, either stick by your own standards or admit that you are wrong. Do not be a hypocrite.

1 Like

If a hero is so powerful that you need to pick them (not purely for their synergy with a single other hero who is powerful obviously) that’s grounds for a nerf regardless of if they’re ‘oppressive’ or not.

Ana wasn’t ‘oppressive’ during the original triple tank meta but she was still a hero that you were forced to run.

Zenyatta falls into the same category as dive D.Va here, he should be getting nerfed currently but having a discussion about Zenyatta’s balance here isn’t really possible because the forums go into Red Alert Protect the President mode and shut down any post trying to say that he’s unbalanced.

2 Likes

Uh, Mercy had close to 50% winrate during moth meta. When a hero is picked so much that they’re on both sides of the fight, the win and loss cancel out and you get closer to 50%. This can be a sign of a hero being so good that they’re a must-pick in every situation. Not saying this is the case for Genji, but high pick rate with a 50% win rate doesn’t automatically mean the hero is fine.

8 Likes

You don’t NEED to pick D.Va just like you don’t NEED to pick Genji, but they are the most versatile of the DPs and tank rosters which is why their pick rates remain higher than everybody else in their roster. So again is your very own statement of

False or is it true? Because D.Va is exactly that, consistently viable without defining the meta. Or are you ready yet to admit that you’re a salty dps main that hates when tanks and supports get attention.

how high was her pickrate at the time? Im just curious, since I have never gotten a concrete answer.

I don’t remember off the top of my head but it was exorbitantly high, I remember that much. I know I looked at the stats myself back then. Sorry I can’t give an accurate answer.