Anyone who approaches Genji's pick rate gets nerfed

Lmao! Oh wow. That’s crazy.

Pick rates do not determine whether a hero needs to be nerfed or balanced, and the blizzard devs have already stated before they don’t balance off pickrates. Genji is obviously always gonna be the most popular DPS, he is the highest skill character in the game and is every weeb’s wet dream.

Genji counters all 200 hp heroes. He’s going to be popular until that changes.

5 Likes

Hanzo had lower winrate though.

1 Like

No thanks. We already have a power creep and I don’t want to see it getting worse.

There’s a lot of lies here from Genji players, like saying soldier was a must pick when he was actually only as good as Genji, and often swapped out for D.Va in the pro scene.

3 Likes

I blame Mercy for giving Genji that fine behind.

I tell ya, its the real reason he gets pick a lot. :wink:

1 Like

She wasnt. She wasnt even available long enough for people to adapt to her.

2 Likes

Literally a few pros whining about a character that was still garbage tier at every rank resulted in nerfs. It’s probably the most pathetic balancing decision I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Jeff even posted a top 10 list for every tier during that time. Sombra was nowhere to be found on any list.
Prime exampel how the pros can completely destroy a heroes balance and hold her “hostage” to ever become a viable hero for the main game.

5 Likes

It’s not the pros fault - it’s the fault of the devs for caving in to whining after a week.

They should have given that patch some time to develop.

1 Like

It is the pros fault because they know they have more power in balance decsion and abuse it. They saw how Tracer got hacked somewhat consistently and panicked.

Edit: The pros had the advantage that they played on servers with 0 ping and they didnt experience half the issues with hack bugs which we had on the live servers. Regardless, Sombra eventually ended up in f-tier again during that same season.

https://www.overbuff.com/blobs/1ok4qSQYbwv.png

1 Like

There wasn’t anything to adapt to, she was powerful at the pro level before her buffs, her buffs pushed her into OP territory.

NA Contenders players and OWL players also stepped up and said that she was overperforming in their scrims, being far too powerful and Korean Contenders backs this up.

People don’t seem to realize how impactful a single hack is at the pro level, denying even 1 enemy their entire kit before a push makes a huge difference, you’re effectively fighting a 5v6 if you hack the right target (Which was made incredibly easy because of the changes) and you never got punished for using hack wrong due to it simply refreshing the second it got broken.

There was literally 0 time to adapt to her changes. No hack wasnt too strong. She wouldnt be pushed back to f-tier otherwise like the hotfix nerf did.

As a matter of fact, current hack after many fixes is very close to where it has been a year ago before she got nerfed. Yet, she is not used. Surprise.

4 Likes

She wasn’t. This is a flat-out lie, my dude.

She was used previously on 2CP maps as an EMP bot. But when other heroes got buffed and she got powercrept, she wasn’t even used there.

Like I get it and I agree, she’s not as weak as she was before but you’re lying and stating false information if you’re saying she was being used before her buff. She absolutely wasn’t.

Aside from that, being used in Contenders to mediocre success shouldn’t be grounds for leaving her unviable for the remaining 99.70% of the playerbase.

3 Likes

She was also the most played DPS during the World Cup this year.

If she’s such a useless hero why would she be picked over Genji, Widowmaker, Doomfist, etc. even after her nerfs.

As a counterpick to goats, which had mediocre success.
She is not used on ladder, like at all.

2 Likes

Also not true.

She had a 32% pickrate overall in the Overwatch World Cup.

D.Va, Lucio, Winston, Ana, Brigitte, Reinhardt, Zenyatta, and Zarya had higher pickrates.

3 Likes

Who cares how much she’s used on ladder?

Ladder players can solve their issues by improving, no such option is available for pro players so anything too powerful there naturally becomes a must pick, even if it is exclusively at the pro level it’s still terrible balancing.

Most played DPS

2 Likes