Anyone uninstall after the S9 leak?

Curious if the patch notes pushed anyone over the edge.

3 Likes

Yep. Done entirely at this point. I’ve only got such a masochistic tolerance.

8 Likes

Please do so we can read the cringe Overwatch break up manifestos and then watch them come back and play again two weeks later.

11 Likes

I was considering finishing out the season since this might be the last glimpse of “Overwatch as I knew it” but honestly that’s already so far gone.

Cherry on top is that half of my games today had some variation of deranking bots, cheaters, leavers, or throwers.

3 Likes

What if you waited until you for-sure knew something before you made any strong decisions?

If TTK is higher/longer, that’ll only make me want to play the game more. OW1 had a higher TTK and wasn’t glorified deathmatch.

3 Likes

What? Before confirming it is real and testing it? No.

I will admit that I am EXTREMELY skeptical about this direction and I am definitely considering that this might finally be the end of the road(Hog).

3 Likes

I could always reinstall later. But I feel the patch notes leak is likely highly accurate for several reasons. And as a tank main I don’t want to play that.

Why would anyone bother talking about how they’re going to quit a game temporarily? I’m not meaning to be incendiary, I’m morbidly curious.

1 Like

Hard to take these seriously when people have had their “final straw” a bunch of times.

3 Likes

For me this just adjusts my lineup more back to my OG style. Zen, Lucio, with a dash of the other supports. The 2 taps of Kiri, Illari and the 3 taps of Ana plus the shorter nade time from last patch are going to hit the support cast hard. Bad Dps cried and got what they want but still won’t be happy because the real problem was supports couldn’t be punished and they still can’t.

1 Like

Don’t think I’ll play for a bit since Hanzo will be f tier and Kiriko likely might just be a Suzu bot.

Too early to tell?

All I am going to say is that Blizzard will be beyond stupid if they don’t include a public experimental/beta of this in some way before officially rolling it out. If this backfires, it will backfire in a very BIG way.

The game does need drastic change, it cannot survive going as is in the long term, but doing it intelligently to gain actual statistics and feedback not just based on leaked patch notes might be the more prudent approach?

Everyone says they’re done or uninstalling with every new season that comes out, but I don’t buy it. Maybe I’m wrong for assuming, but the fact posts like this always pop up before a new season starts just comes off as starved for attention.

Again, just me assuming, and apologies if I’m making a mountain of an ant hill, but this community likes to blow everything out of proportion a lot, that its hard to see what you can and can’t take at face value. As for the leaks to S9, until it drops, I’ll wait to give my two cents.

And people literally leave every season. It’s not as if Overwatch is growing, fam.

The real question is: is Overwatch growing up, or is it the players?

1 Like

It is, perhaps, a little bit of both. :pensive:

1 Like

I am not. I am actually installing because it is intriguing.

Dont get me wrong it will be a youknowwhatshow till midseason but this is a global ttk reduction and sustain damage buff which will shake up the meta.

Im talking potential here. This is a massive nerf to burst poke metas which plagued the game and gave brawl comps durability.

Im excited to try them out! A higher TTK, less bursts/one shots, more time to play the game and play longer teamfights like in OW1, DPS feeling more tactical and impactful, all heroes being more consistent for everyone, it’ll be interesting to play

i would question the source of this leak first, check to see if OP of the leaks has a history of being on the more correct side, then i would also question why this would happen, the timing could fit with the mass layoffs, but this happened before to blizz and no leaks came out.

i also think this could have purposely been leaked to see sentiment among the players, but there are certain aspects that do not add up about these ‘leaks’

I don’t even think it is real but even if so, sounds like another hacked weekend more than anything.

I will start worrying when it actually happens.