Anyone know why bap, mcree, hanzo, brig etc have

It’s funny that we had fast firing McCree and now we have slow firing no range.

Bob is an awesome ultimate, wish McCree had Bob.

I wish Ashe and McCree would swap ults ha!

1 Like

Yet another reason why Orisa NEEDS a 900 hp shield.

Mercy had negative winrate during moth meta

Honestly I think people just hate those heroes and want them to be deleted, and they use “but they are OP in GM/OWL” to justify deleting the hero via being so useless they no longer matter.

3 Likes

McSlickRick is kinda like pharah in the sense that they need peel or a pocket to be S-tier albeit he has more potential because well u know. Hanzo I feel I good at any rank. He has consistent spam, is kinda easy to play and fits in most comps fairly well. Brig sucks at low ranks cause absolutely no one knows how to play her. Let me rush in and get obliterated when all u have to do is sit next to your other healer protect them and throw a pack at the rein or tracer every once in awhile. Bap? I’m not sure imo is low skill high reward but at the same time requires thought process to use it at good times not just when your rein feeds and dies anyways afterward. Bap is basically easier and better Ana I dunno why Bap has a low winrate. Maybe cause people play him like soldier and don’t heal?

Not by rank, but yeah, overall. We got a REALLY good example in the Moth meta of this.

Yep it sure does. If it works, you keep on the character for longer, and if you don’t you are on the character for shorter, so the stats get pushed upwards.

in some ranks, yes, overall, it is pretty much right on the 50% mark.

It was REALLY interesting, since, it placed her right in the middle of each ranks win rates rather than at 50% which was cool.

1 Like

the number of people that casually pick a hero for their “easy niche” (e.g. sym tp to point with rush deathball like on hanamura or lijiang) far outweigh the number of one tricks for said niche unpopular hero.

even people in OWL who use sym only do so in said specific comp + strat specifically designed to cater for sym and the person on sym literally is someone just flexing on her (heck they literally get hitscan players to play her simply just for the skill transfer of hitscan tracking for her beam despite the fact that sym would be using orbs more than beam in most common scenarios).

I wouldn’t call 110m/s “super slow”. and for a latency + reaction time of 0.25s, that results in a dodgeable range of approx 29.5m (i.e. range whereby a correctly aimed linear projectile becomes mathematically possible to retroactively dodge post-fire).

1 Like

And yet wrecking ball was nerfed despite having the lowest tank winrate in the game :joy::joy::joy:

So by their own logic ball should have actually been buffed

But yeah definitely no favoritism in the balance team AHHAHAHAH :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

so people s witch to hanzo when they are losing?

i see alot people switch to mcree / bap when they are losing

but i have very rarely see anyone switch to hanzo when they are losing

Wrecking ball has abysmal win rates across ALL ranks.

He has the lowest or 2nd lowest win % from bronze to GM.

Did devs confused nerf with buff for ball?

Yeah hanzo less so, you do have a point there.

1 Like

Imo I just wouldn’t use winrate. It’s basically infinitely biased so it’s hard to use it accurately.

The only thing you could do is maybe use their historic winrate? Like if cassidy has a 54% winrate then you should sure as hell be concerned. Or if zarya has a 48% winrate.

1 Like

Pretty much. Or use whole game win rate, where you run the hero for the whole game, and ignore the rest.

We don’t have that stat but blizzard does.

1 Like

Well we do have this :wink:

name winrate for whole match winrate for partial match full matches played % % played in partial games
Soldier: 76 0.48 0.45 0.02 0.18
Genji 0.49 0.47 0.11 0.39
Doomfist 0.50 0.46 0.05 0.13
Reaper 0.51 0.45 0.11 0.39
Lúcio 0.51 0.44 0.33 0.33
Tracer 0.51 0.45 0.16 0.28
Winston 0.52 0.45 0.30 0.48
Moira 0.53 0.43 0.16 0.29
Echo 0.53 0.45 0.23 0.58
D.Va 0.53 0.42 0.49 0.61
Ana 0.54 0.46 0.18 0.40
Sombra 0.54 0.46 0.15 0.33
Zenyatta 0.55 0.45 0.39 0.62
Ashe 0.55 0.48 0.18 0.53
Wrecking Ball 0.56 0.43 0.03 0.12
Zarya 0.56 0.46 0.25 0.54
Baptiste 0.56 0.46 0.23 0.43
Brigitte 0.57 0.45 0.29 0.59
Reinhardt 0.57 0.44 0.21 0.47
Sigma 0.58 0.42 0.37 0.66
Mercy 0.58 0.45 0.19 0.59
Mei 0.59 0.47 0.16 0.46
McCree 0.60 0.44 0.03 0.32
Pharah 0.61 0.47 0.05 0.32
Torbjörn 0.62 0.52 0.04 0.31
Widowmaker 0.64 0.49 0.06 0.34
Orisa 0.65 0.44 0.17 0.50
Hanzo 0.68 0.44 0.04 0.25
Roadhog 0.69 0.48 0.06 0.32
Junkrat 0.74 0.52 0.02 0.35
Symmetra 0.83 0.52 0.00 0.05
Bastion 1.00 0.47 0.00 0.19

It might be OWL, but it still shows some interesting facts.

1 Like

Indeed, I was thinking about the owl stats when I said blizzard had it.

I had the same thing on the owl viewer I wrote.

1 Like

Just wondering, would you happen to have access to any extra ladder stats like these? If you had access to stats of cassidys winrate when picked for partial and full match on ladder, you could finally debunk the winrate argument once and for all and inform people how to use it properly.

Although I’m already convinced it’s a bad stat, some people need more evidence.

McCree has a low win rate because he has a giant hitbox with a bad ultimate. He dies the 3rd most of any hero in the game. The only 2 heroes that die more than him are Reaper and Doomfist. McCree basically needs a pocket to be useful because he’s so easy to kill. His ultimate is so bad people often use it as a reload.

Hanzo has a low win rate because his primary gun is not consistent. Most of the game is spent missing shots. People who think he’s OP are people who don’t actually play the hero. They don’t realize the majority of the time is spent missing and instead only see the time they got shot in the face and died. His ultimate is also not good and mostly used for zoning precisely because it is not good.

Bap is not an easy hero to play. I’d consider him the hardest support to play. Therefore, people get the most value out of him when their skill level is higher. In GM, his win rate is above average and his pick rate is high.

Brig is team and meta reliant. Brig gets value by consistently procing inspire. This is easier to do when the opposing team is running dive. Not so much when opposing team is running some kind of Rein comp which is very common across the ladder. Brig dies the most of all supports and requires the 2nd support to pay attention to her more than any other support does. She still has an average pick rate and average win rate in GM.

People complain about heroes that kill them. The more a hero is picked, the more that hero is going to kill someone. Hence, the more likely people are to complain about said hero being “OP.” In essence, people complain about heroes with higher pick rates not because they are OP, but because they die to them more often.

1 Like

I don’t now. But the ratio you see in OWL for win rate for whole games vs win rate when they swap to him isn’t too far from ladder.

It isn’t a great stat, and I did a write up on it ages ago.

1 Like

all listed heroes have 51-54% winrates in actual elo, idk why would you take anything below gm into consideration. Exception is cree just because falloff is a joke in this game.