Anyone Know any Good Classical Music?

Nice excuse to try to make him go crazy

Yeah sorry, I just don’t get many excuses to type “powdered wigs”

Sigma Classics, not Rein Classics

Got any?

And does Rhapsody in Blue count?

Well by all means, fire a second volley.

Good :poop:

But he’s always been a fan.

1 Like

I’m going to guess mid baroque to the end of the romantic era, so kinda like Bach to Tchaikovsky I guess?

1 Like

1 Like

A discussion of Sigma music isn’t complete without Satie’s Gnossienes where DAT MELODY comes from

Wish I had more stuff to share, but I keep getting pulled into neoclassical, math rock, prog metal, etc every time I look

3 Likes

To test your linking privilege, just attempt to share a YouTube video, select “copy link,” and paste it in a post.
Kinda like this: Handel Water Music - YouTube

If you quote my post, you’ll still see the link to this baroque composition.

If you’re asking how to check your trust level, there should be instructions in the Forum HTML tutorial thread.

2 Likes

Ooh, those a pretty good.

I refuse to believe any rockers would name their subgenre “math”

3 Likes

The Planets by Holst are all pretty good.

My personal fave is Mars:

2 Likes

It doesn’t get edgier than this.

2 Likes

Try Vivaldi and his four seasons songs. My personal favorite is winter.

I would also recommended Chopin nocturne op. 9 no. 2 and Shaostakovich waltz no. 2.

2 Likes

from googling that came out in 1920’s originally so that’s technically not classical :stuck_out_tongue:

probably something pretty fitting with sigma’s backstory

apparent backtory interpretation:

Here is one creepy story about this composition. At the beginning, Rachmaninoff’s brother dies during that slow, crying part. At the end of it he is burried. Then it comes “agitato”. It is very panic part filled with horror because, during it, his brother woke up and realised that he was burried alive. He scratches and screams in hope that somebody will hear him. When he realised that he will stay down there forever, the last part of composition starts (louder first theme), he died again, but more painfully because he was choking and he was alone. Last chords represent his last breaths.

2 Likes

=> Copy that.

• Flight of the bumble bee by Rachmaninoff
    -Canon in D by Pachelbel
    -Waltz of the flower by Tchaikovsky
    -fantaisie impromptu by Chopin
    -5th symphony by Beethoven
    -fur Elise by Beethoven
    -La campanella by Liszt
    -Torrent by Chopin
    -The barber of Seville by Rossini
    -Infernal gallop by Offenbach
    -still literally anything by Mozart
1 Like

Ooh, that sounds perfect.

I just discovered that I love that operatic singing thing that they do in
Queen of the Night Aria

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip, friend.

2 Likes

The planets are absolutely fantastic too. I discovered them thanks to Bloodborne’s fantastic soundtrack.

2 Likes

I got that confused with Rite of Spring for a second. I’ll try Vivaldi, everyone seems to be a fan.

Good to know.
still going in the playlist though, alongside some Super Mario Galaxy tracks

Like from Loony Tunes!

Got anything with opera singing?

Remember that prog metal is mostly nerds with extra strings. Math rock is in a very similar vein. Unsurprisingly, a lot of it is coming out of Japan.

1 Like

Also gonna slyly slide in this suggestion, even though it’s not at all classical (Fairly edgy though) :smile:

1 Like

Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Brahms, there’s several more but those are the names that come to mind if you’re looking for classical music. If you want music in the classical style, then I would recommend most of the Kingdom Hearts’ soundtrack through out the games, like Xion’s Theme, Dearly Beloved, etc. There’s also One Winged Angel from FF7. Basically, for modern day music in the classical style, I recommend music from Square Enix. Other than that, just watch the Disney movies Fantasia and Fantasia 2000, each has some pretty good songs. Though, since you know Night on Bald Mountain, you should already know that.

2 Likes

I don’t know many to be honest.
Requiem by Mozart : Mozart - Requiem - YouTube
Carmina burana by Carl off
Carl Orff - O Fortuna ~ Carmina Burana - YouTube
(Also, Tom and Jerry has an episode named cat concerto with the Hungarian rhapsody as the music. It’s the episode where Tom is a pianist)

3 Likes