Anyone here use a Controller on PC?

I, personally, have (though, not for OW, specifically). And, I have seem some OW streamers that use them (ususally, the really nice Razer ones).

I use a controller to throw.

4 Likes

Yeatle just outplaced most the pc playerbase on controller and climbed to masters.

1 Like

I do all the time I wish I could use my ps4 controller with it and have it used wireless for overwatch instead of having to use the wired Xbox one.

1 Like

Really? Cool. I always find stuff like that interesting. Especially, because of the whole “PC Master Race”/“KB&M or Nothing” mentality that some people seem to have. Haha.

It just goes to show, a good players a good player, regardless of platform or what they use to play. Haha.

5 Likes

Of course they are. Just an awful lot of sheeple who like to regurgitate the pc master race meme as if they need to justify their choice of platform. He still streams the climb everyday, pretty sure he’s not stopping till he hits gm.

@professorx isn’t there playstation controllers that use anXbox plug in that could do that for you? Or software to make the ps4 controller compatible with the pc?.

2 Likes

Not for OW but there is an xbox elite controller connected to my pc.
Use it for Madden, NBA2k, and Fighting Games (Tekken7, SFV, MVCI, MK11), and games like Tomb Raider and such…

1 Like

I made a fresh new PC account (forever ago and forgot about it) and just recently placed above my RQ beta initial ranks from console on PC. It really would depend on the character, but as not everyone in Overwatch is Genji and Widow I find it’s just as efficient as WASD with some characters and better on at least one (looking at you Wrecking Ball)

I actually got both Ball achievements in my first game as him and kicked butt all game, seriously just try him with an Xbox controller if you ever can it’s awesome

Really? I couldnt imagine that with Ball. Having a true 360° with him, on Controller, is so nice. I would think WASD would be harder. Hmm. :thinking:

Do you know any other PC players/streamers that have used controllers? I would love to watch some.

No Ball is EASIER with a controller

I couldn’t WASD to save my life lol

1 Like

Oh! Okay. I thought you meant it was easier with WASD. I was like “… What?”

I can barely walk with a keyboard lmao, I couldn’t imagine playing freaking Ball on a map like Nepal Shrine and trying to maintain momentum while latched onto the centerpiece of the map

Yeah. You have to “roll” your fingers (if you know what i mean). If you don’t play on PC or use 4 button D-Pads, often, it can feel kind of foreign, at first.

What I want is like… A Wii nunchuck for my left hand and the mouse for my right, with buttons on both being used for abilities

I really love stick movement but having the aim of a mouse means I could play one of my favorite console mains, McCree, without risking my teammate’s fun because I lost due to being outclassed

1 Like

I use my 360 controller for games like Crash Bandicoot or Hat in Time. Basically any game that doesn’t require pin point accuracy. I tried it with OW once, horrible experience.

yes but with a hybrit scheme controller to move and mouse to aim and shoot, i use a mouse with at least 2 side bottons to configure jump and ulti, also scoll back to reload and scroll foward to meele and press to couch. The rest of the setup is the same in the controller

Why are you necroing these threads?

You just necroed one earlier.