Anyone experiencing weird lag on overwatch?

My latency/ping is normally at 35, but every single match I’ve been in has many moments with lag every time I constantly moving or shooting.

Anyone else having this issue? If so, is there a solution to fix it? Been having this since the new update for summer games came in.

10 Likes

It’s been happening on all the platforms.

3 Likes

Count me in on PC. Starts ok, but after few matches its going bananas.

4 Likes

What type of lag? Does it show you are experiencing lower FPS or are you mainly seeing animations being stuck and showing up much later after you press a key/button? I have the latter but the FPS meter shows normal FPS. And albeit the latency is higher than usual it doesn’t explain the animation lag which look like actual seconds delays instead of just milliseconds.

3 Likes

If we are thinking about the same issue, it happens when people use a command. If they spam comms, it basically makes the game unplayable. Really annoying.

2 Likes

Hey guys, i have the same thing happening in my game (ps4). I was playing with my friend and he has it too. It happenes when someone says hello, thanks etc.

1 Like

It’s to do with the communication wheel and changing heroes. Hopefully it gets fixed asap or else overwatch is going to lose players…

1 Like

It happens to me too. Especialy when i press “esc”

1 Like

Like frame skip whenever somebody reconnect or write something in chat

1 Like

I’ve actually noticed that it’s effecting my game play! It’s rather irritating. Hopefully they fix it soon. I don’t think they will extend the length of the event to get the Reaper skin, though it’s hindering performance.

2 Likes

Yes I have. This patch has been very difficult to play the game more than normal. I am on wired connection, as well as a mid-range gaming pc. With the i5-7600k and the RTX 2060 Founders Edition. Everything from frame-rate spikes and MAJOR drops, to “ghosting” and even last night I was playing hollywood and next thing I hear is “NOW TRAVELING TO Route 66”. when I did NOT even exit the match. :thinking:

1 Like

It shows normally FPS but the animations are really laggy. Where as I don’t see my character when I start the match for a solid 30 seconds or to the point every time I shoot or move the whole game freezes

1 Like

I believe I am suffering this even with my weak cpu 3570k @ 4.4ghz I used to stay locked 138 fps freesync reduced buffering no worries. Now I get fps spikes down to 110 and even 90 sometimes, and my cpu isn’t being occupied by anything else, sometimes the scene isn’t even intense, and fps just drops I can’t stand it any longer

I’m having this exact problem. Started around last patch. I’ll be playing and a teammate 76 runs past me. All of a sudden, 76 will be running in place, and then blink and appear 25 yards ahead. Parts of the action seem to lag and then jump forward to keep up with the overall timeline. Its making it hard to play.
And I’ve had no change to my set up (which I know is weak, but was working fine for last 6 months at least).
I’ve since turned down almost every option in video. I’ve made changes to my reg-edit. I deleted my settings folder. I turned up my video card, and then thinking it was maybe overheating due to summer, I turned it down, removed my computer cover and put a fan right on the system. I even turned off the kill feed as it was a suggested fix. So far nothing has worked. If it was graphics related you would think going from ultra and high in most settings to low in everything would have made a difference.

Yep having a very strange issue similar. Every game it happens once or twice, but its safe to say my internet isn’t the problem. I started checking my connection during the ‘lag’, but i never disconnect or get a drop in signal.

What happens is out of nowhere (its unpredictable when it will happen) everybody starts running on the spot and i can’t shoot. If i die during this lag, the kill cam shows me blindly walking forward, not reacting to anything.
Anyone else relate to this?

1 Like

Yes.
I have this problem from today.
Happy Saturday I guess.

I have this exact same problem. I was hoping it wasn’t just me. I’ll be playing and then every 10 - 20 seconds, everything just freezes (the audio continues) and then all of a sudden, I’m at a different part of the map. Like, the screen freezes but my character continues to move in the background and then all of a sudden, the game catches up. My kill cam will show me just walking straight and not reacting at all. It’s awful. I thought it was my computer but now that I’m seeing everyone post about it, I realize it’s the game

1 Like