Anyone ever bot out while aiming?

I noticed my aim is really good at the beginning of matches and for stretches of time.

I decided to consciously focus on ensuring the crosshair is on the enemy during my matches.

I noticed my aim can be super unfocused in a crowd of enemies, and at it’s worse I flick and get someone in the center of my screen and it looks like I just fire randomly or flail my crosshair around.

Since I started working on it I’ve seen an improvement in consistency, but holy **** this habit is deeply ingrained, as soon as ai stop actively thinking about it it comes back

I’m wondering if anyone has had thisband what they did to fix it.

It’s frustrating because my aim can be absolutely ridiculous and does exactly what I want it to or the uttermost garbage.

Stop thinking about flicks and fancy tracking and think about pre aiming crosshair placement and movement. You cant think about aiming. It’s like thinking about breathing. You are more prone to make weird mistakes if you think about it because its mostly a subconscious behavior.

Realistically, if you are thinking about aim, you arnt thinking of important stuff like ult tracking, spawns and positioning. So think about those things and aim will be more subconscious. In my experience, the more subconscious and reactionary it is, the better.

1 Like

i think what OP meant was that he hasnt made a good “aiming habit”, so his subconscious aim is actually bad. kinda like how professional athletes have certain breathing techniques (taking your example) to improve their performance.
aiming should be from muscle memory, mostly, but sometimes youve just grown into a bad habit, and it takes conscious effort to break out of it.

2 Likes

Turn off your crosshair and play QP or DM without it for a while. Then turn it back on. This builds a good habit of not focusing on your crosshair. Try to look at enemies, not your crosshair.

1 Like

I unfocus my eyes from the crosshair and keep focus on surrounding areas of the screen for flanks and suspicious ulting positions while doing all the aim with my peripheral vision since my flicks are all muscle memory. Unless it’s a very difficult shot I need to land like a widow duel.

i realized: if you train to hit impossible shots, you might hit some impossible shots. but if you train hitting the easy shots you hit a lot of easy shots.

That is the key.

I have a terrible habit of “zoning out” as well. In games without crosshair, I could hit unreal shots 24/7.

Thanks for the tips all!

I may not have been clear, when I just aim subconsciously I will put the person in my field of view very easily. When they’re in my field of view, sometimes it’s like all effort to precisely put them in the center of my screen shuts off and I just shoot and dont pay attention at all to where im aiming.

In a video it’s like my crosshairs are just drifting or sitting purposelessly lol.

more like do i ever aim while im botting out

pretty much lmao.

I think I’m going to quit playing, I love the team environment, Moba aspects and how individual skill is important and just improving and having fun.

But it sucks up too much time lol.