Anyone else tired of smurfs?

“Traumatic life events have been linked with an elevated risk in developing psychotic symptoms. Childhood trauma has specifically been shown to be a predictor of adolescent and adult psychosis,” according to wiki links.

I’ll be polite as possible with you.

Trauma =/= insecurities

Psychosis has nothing to do with smurfing and is a serious illness

It should not be trivialized or mocked

You should not use it as an insult or pejorative

Kindly, stop. You’re not that disgusting to not accept your wrongdoing, fail to apologise and then double down on this, are you?

1 Like

lol i love this comment

Yeah im tired of SMURFFS all together.

• Creates multiple accounts just so they can FLAG posts on the forums if they don’t like what people are saying (Buying votes).
  • Creates multiple accounts so they can “practice” in Competitive just so their main account doesn’t get banned for bad player conduct.
  • Pollutes quickplay matches.
2 Likes

I’ve only ever had one alt account where I one tricked Doomfist and placed below my current Rank, so technically not a smurf account I guess?

Rank up, if you tired of smurfs.

the problem with this comment is that some people are naturally better at fps than others they just have an affinity for it. Or some people dont have the time to devote to getting THAT much practice in but enjoy playing the game regardless. I been playin OW for a while. I dont think im gonna get much better than i am but i still have fun (most of the time). The whole point of a RANKING system is to play people… wait for it… within your general RANK. Smurfing completely negates that purpose. I was just in a game with a tracer who was a NO STAR bronze border and bronze comp rank who absolutely shredded us no matter how many switches we made to counter. He was just better. There was absolutely nothing we could do. Thats just not fun…

As smurfs are not an actual issue but something that is used as an excuse every time a forum poster goes up against a better player there is no issue here.
If you are getting stomped know that player will rank up and out of your rank quickly and not stomp you anymore.
If you are high rank and someone is throwing to go to low rank (which nobody complains about) then report them for throwing.
As you have 0 way to know if someone is on an alt account or not you are just calling anyone better than you a smurf to inflate your own ego.

1 Like

It only makes sense for the top 500/GM players to make smurf accounts. This way they have better chances of saying there and they are pushing perspective 500/GM out of that bracket by sitting on more than one spot.

The actual problem is that someone believe in this. There is no “naturally better” there is work to be done to be better, and hard work to be the best, but casuals need excuses only. Gaming chair, better genetics, mama gamer, papa gamer. The only reason behind the skill is ammount of work done to grow in what you love.

I’m in my forties and my eyes, reflexes and most everything used for gaming is not what it was 20 yrs ago much less 30 yrs ago. Yes people are just plain better than me and nothing will allow me to be as good as them.

• got glasses for the first time at 45yrs old.
1 Like

well, speaking about age is something different than speaking about “natural tallents” I guess. I am 35, and I feel like I just need to do more warmup to be in my 20 years old shape in gaming. At some point I will have no time for this and probbably join you in a back seat =)

Money is the lifeblood of modern society.

PEOPLE ruin things. Money is just the fuel to stoke the fire.

Well yeah but in general I don’t care too much. Smurfs in general start abusive chat from the get go, and keep being toxic, so it’s very easy to report them. More money for Bliz since they can’t keep their mouths shut, get banned and have to buy yet another account haha.

People do also have differing natural strengths. Reflex speed, visual acuity, color perception, hand-eye coordination.

Now, nobody is born a pro-player in video games just like nobody is born a pro-player in physical sports… “natural talent” doesn’t mean you don’t have to work for it, “natural talent” means it comes relatively easier to become moderately good and you have a higher potential ceiling if you are willing to put in the work to become very good.

It’s all well and good to point out that you can’t get to the top by natural talent alone, but let’s not pretend we all have standard issue brains and bodies that operate on a level playing field. It’s just not true.

2 Likes

Smurfs are covards and weaklings.

Hello there!
You say about ranking up. But it helps only for “enemy smurf solo destroys us”.

So what can you do with smurf in your team obviously throwing?

Smurfing is not just playing in elo that he/she doesn’t deserve. The most disgusting aspect of smurfing is avoiding from responsibility.
Bans don’t work. Avoiding doesn’t work.

which also gives more motivation to behave in a bad way even though it’s ok for blizzard to just hop on another account after getting banned (according to customer support)

Throwing is against the rules, no matter if on an alt account or not, If someone is throwing report them.

2 Likes

And what will happen? One account gets a ban. One of 5/10/20? Smurf player can just change account and throw again.

1 Like

Then get reported again, eventually will run out of accounts.