Anyone else tired of smurfs?

A reply from a blizz dev on this one would be cool.

Why you guys allow smurf? It ruins the game…

21 Likes

Pretty simple: money.

14 Likes

not only does it ruin politics… now money is corrupting games. Is anything in this world pure anymore…?

4 Likes

Puppies.

3 Likes

yes. because human babies are gross

2 Likes

I see… You are a (wo)man of culture as well…

Many smurfs suffer from psychosis likely formed by childhood insecurity.

6 Likes

They have addressed it many times on the forum in response to topics like this. You won’t like the answer.

1 Like

Eh I can see having an alt/smurf acc for two reasons. If you want to get good at a character or play with your friends. Other than that, smurfs just make no sense to me. Especially top 500/GM players who create smurfs. Not just one but multiple. Like bruuh you so bored of this game, you going to make your 5th acc a GM? Yawn. Spend something else with your money.

how? because the quality of matches is oh so amazing without smurfs? hilarious

If you are getting a chance at being matched with players who aren’t manipulating SR or MMR and may get to face people around your own skill level?
YES! Probably better quality!

2 Likes

sorry but i remember matches in gold and plat when i was rightfully there in season 2-3 and they were awful. now when im there on a smurf theyre still awful except i can carry my own games.

So you’re part of the problem? Got it…

8 Likes

At first, I didn’t mind it as it justified a lot of team blaming that occurs which often comes for no reason… but I do agree, it gets kind of old… some god-tier genji in Silver. It’s sadly always on the other team.

A composed enemy team of timing-perfect opportunists who will wipe you off the face of the map, while your roadhog and ball are drooling on their bibs and snotting all over themselves, lol.

I kinda gave up on comp lol if they have a smurf oh well just play your best if you have a smurf great play your best.

1 Like
  1. Psychosis doesn’t work like that and 2) it’s not on using illnesses and the like as an insult.

Any chance you could edit?

3 Likes

Or not… the match ain’t hinging on your performance :man_shrugging:t2:

Blizzard loves to answer this question. Their ranking system will, rah rah, quickly, rah rah, rank the person where they should be so, rah rah, it’s not a problem for more than a few games, rah rah.

Rah rah.

5 Likes

Smurfs don’t annoy me as much anymore. It forces me to try harder which usually doesn’t succeed but it does help me improve just a little.

What’s truly frustrating are smurfs that make an effort to derank. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen it happen, but it’s incredibly frustrating.

Simple because this is a somewhat competitive game where heroes interact with thousands upon thousands of different variables.

And at times the way they interact with some of those variables make them the superior over other options. Thus making those options invalid and less usable.

thus adjustments need to be made to make the less valid options more valid without those same options becoming superior like the originally stated hero.