Anyone else miss old sym?

The problem is that the playstyle she had wasn’t viable on most maps. Offence, Koth, etc., she just wasn’t very useful and you had hard-commit one tricks that picked her when she was objectively a bad pick. PLUS she wasn’t fun to play against on maps where she excelled.

Yea, like Merc-Three-point-o and Bast-gone.

Dude the “she wasnt fun to play against” thing is subjective

2 Likes

I really love both versions of Sym. I still miss having two nice ults though :frowning:

You’ll never get an opinion that’s objective. The fact is that a lot of players, if not most, didn’t enjoy playing against her kit and her teammates would complain of her throwing.

nope not one bit, love the new one more than i thought i would.

1 Like

I miss having a truckload of turrets but I do like the new Ultimate better.

A massive bug off shield? It tickles my Reinhardt brain cells just right.

I really miss deleting genji mains as queen Symmetra.

3 Likes

I miss my shield gen more than anything :frowning:

1 Like

The only thing I like about 3.0 is turret deployment.

I miss the area control, I miss the support, I miss the backstabbing and I miss the barrier countering.

Symm 3.0 is just an undefined DPS with clunky utility on the side.

2 Likes

NOPE, the current kit is more creative and more skilled and i feel better when i see teammate sym, also mastering the current one is more challenging the the last one.

1 Like

I am crying every time I think about her :sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes

If you think she isn’t still a strategy based hero then idk what to tell you. Sym still has to outplay almost every other hero in order to kill them regardless of aim.

Nope and this is coming from someone who is a Mei / Sym main.

The only thing I miss is Projected Barrier.
Everything else is way better.

Miss my little shield too :cry:

other than that I don’t miss her lmao

I miss the little shield and Right Click piercing shields :frowning:

1 Like

I wasnt really a sym main but I would play her from time to time for fun. I miss the no aim beam. Sure it was cheap but it was fun to relax and play her to effortlessly get kills. Her sheild also seemed good for her kit.

Most of all I miss having 6 turrets. The new turrets live longer which makes them more annoying to deal with and 6 allowed to to place them in more locations.

Her new kit isn’t bad, but I don’t play sym for fun anymore really. Her beam is weak in comparison to her secondary fire so why ever use that? Teleporter can be powerful. If you teleport your team through the choke it will catch the enemy team off guard.

I also miss her old beam.
The vakuum-cleaner was so much more fun.
And dont tell me that was too easy and unfun to play against, I hate that argument.
Soo wrecking ball and brig who could do basically the same

I miss the barrier too. I also miss having a primary fire with a purpose.

cracks knuckles

Symmetra 2.0 was a completely fair and viable hero kit and would actually fit perfectly into the game in it’s current state, however because she was a flanker counter she was hated.

The teleporter was completely counterable, only had 6 charges and could be destroyed, but because it was built quickly and teleported people across the map, people hated it.

The Photon Barrier could help you save your own team from ultimates or help instigate a push if for some reason you weren’t running a shield tank.

The piercing alternate fire meant damage through shields which was literally impossible from any other hero besides melee attacks.

The turrets were destroyed when you breathed on them, but there were six of them and did less damage/slowing of the enemy. This is the only ability I think is better in Symmetra 3.0 however she needs 4 turrets not 3 because Symmetra would want an even number of turrets and you can’t convince me otherwise.

The lock on beam countered flankers like Tracer and Genji, stopping them from rolling all over your Mercy in the backlines, pre-Brigitte.

The other main reason people hated Symmetra, besides the natural “murrr filthy flanker counter off meta hero”, was because she was a support hero that didn’t heal her team.
Which, by the way.
Support means to give assistance to. So actually go away with that argument. She assisted the team with either a regenerative collective 450 HP for your team, or the only other close equivalent to a Mercy mass res without being unfair.

They could drive my baby girl into the ground and I will still play her no matter what though. So. :slight_smile:
also uwu HOW TO FIX SYMMETRA - from a Symmetra main this isn’t up to date with my ideas but its still pretty solid

1 Like