Anyone else getting this bug on comp?

I am not sure what is happening. When ranking up, it shows the rank you started at and then the new rank, I was gold 3 and got my 5 wins, and then it showed starting rank at silver 3 and my new rank was silver 1. I got back to gold after a quick 5 wins in a row, and then did another five quickly, rank said silver 5 to silver 3, and its just now done it again. I am so confused as to what is happening. I am in getting to gold hell because of this. Is anyone else getting this? Or heard of it? It is driving me mad!

7 Likes

Yes, i faced to it yesterday. Seems like lots of ppl have the same problem. Hope it will be fixed:(

5 Likes

I was also Platinum 5, but now I am promoted from Gold 5 to Gold 3 due to a bug.

5 Likes

Same for me when i was masters5, it promoted me from diamond5 to diamond2 after a win…

5 Likes

Same for me was grand master 5 and promoted me from master 5 to master 3 jesus…

5 Likes

Assuming your win-loss ratio is positive, you might be experiencing the bug in which during a rerank, your initial rank is demoted five subdivisions before the adjustment takes place. There’s tons of posts under my thread about players with those exact bugs if you’d like to read more about it. Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. I put your thread under: Incorrect Rank Adjustment. If you can, could you record your bugged rank adjustment, making sure that at some point in the video it shows your pre-adjustment rank, either from the queue menu or the career profile, and link that video to the thread? Any help in spreading the word about this megathread would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Yep… I was gold 5 then my rank update came - Silver 5 to Silver 1.

4 Likes

bruh. many users are facing this issue.

and the devs are not even ack-ing this issue

4 Likes

It’s just a minor visual glitch.
You’re demoted.
It immediately swapped the emblem before displaying it to you and then moved the number to what it was( Plat 5 being Gold 5 to gold 3. Demoted from Plat 5 to Gold 3, GM5 demoted to Master 3, ect…)

1 Like

it’s not normal to lose 3-4 divisions after 5 wins

3 Likes

Same for me this morning. Went to bed last night as a gold 4. Got reranked on my second match this morning and it shows i climber from SILVER 4 to silver 2. Just randomly got dropped an entire tier while asleep???

1 Like

yes i am literally here because of that, i can’t rank up to play with my fiancée and his friends so i have to play alone to “rank up” but it ranks me down every time right before i ranked up. IM STUCK IN BRONZE!!!

1 Like

This minor visual glitch also appears on the competitive queue screen, the career profile, and very likely has an effect on matchmaking, but that is difficult to determine given the state of matchmaking this season in general. The majority of those experiencing this bug also seem to have a persistent rank cap, which if surpassed, results in the rank being demoted five subdivisions again. Somehow, I think this might be more than just a visual glitch.

2 Likes