Anyone else find that kinda often hosts will abuse the kick feature in their games?

One of my favourite Workshop games is Bed/Basewars and in the past few days I’ve been kicked randomly by the host (suspiciously only if I’m at the top of the leaderboard or just eliminated them). It definitely wasn’t else since I’d never spoke or anything in that game before.
This isn’t like a “blizz deal with this” issue or anything, just a minor little thing that I hate when people do that I wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with.

Imagine if we couldn’t kick…
:scream:

… I like the ability to control my game lobby that I created.
also, if a host is being a jerk, just make youre own lobby and do this so that if they join your game they get destroyed:
The ability to ban/ perma kick in custom games
Although, probably don’t do that…

1 Like

I’ve played a bunch of games, and in many, the owner would either be about to go, and someone would ask to have owner (they actually do get owner), or, the owner leaves and they get the new owner, which both result in them kicking everyone. I’ve been less trusting on players that ask for owner, and once was called toxic for not giving them owner or not joining mvc. If anyone is reading this, only give owner to people when you ask if anyone wants owner. Make sure they haven’t been toxic or trolled in any way through the game, as they could just be wanting owner to kick everyone.

For this code, it’s to kill the player with a certain name, so they never respawn. The name for me in this example is, ‘Teishi’. Watch what gamemode this is, as if a player without the name ‘Teishi’ dies, they respawn, which could be bad in some gamemodes like Murder Mystery, etc.

Just copy and paste this into a gamemode and change the name ‘Teishi’ to your name.

rule("Teishi")
{
	event
	{
		Ongoing - Each Player;
		All;
		All;
	}

conditions
	{
		Custom String("{0}", Event Player) == Custom String("Teishi");
		Has Spawned(Event Player) == True;
	}

actions
	{
		Kill(Event Player, Null);
		Disable Built-In Game Mode Respawning(Event Player);
	}
}

rule("Teishi-not")
{
	event
	{
		Player Died;
		All;
		All;
	}

conditions
	{
		Custom String("{0}", Event Player) != Custom String("Teishi");
	}

actions
	{
		Resurrect(Event Player);
		disabled Disable Built-In Game Mode Respawning(Event Player);
	}
}

Sorry if i couldn’t be much of help with it, but there is no ban system so there isn’t much we can do. The only hope in this code is the trolls get bored and leave.

So it was mine. Until I had a match where I was Lucio, I was leading and super close to win - until the host (Roadhog) and his buddy (Doomfist) teamed up on me and stole ALL my money. The host then brought the stolen money home … and won.
I haven’t touched this mode ever since.

This community (and communities of other games as well) will always have some individuals who will ruin your fun as soon as they have the option to do so.
Its frustrating but unfortunately we have to deal with it.

I’ve had problems with this kind of host in Mercy Vs Rein. I kick their butt, and they remove me for it, and if I come back they make sure I don’t join the seeker team.