Any Sombra buffs soon?

Its been quite some time after her soft rework. It still looks like she is not doing so well. In my opinion, she does need help. Not a lot but enough to help her carry her weight with the team.

I know they were planning on buffing her since the soft rework didnt work out so well, but scrapped them due to contenders.

I know Kaplan has recently said that he wants people to play their hero without any issues(during a stream, I believe). Unfortunately Sombra is one of the most scapegoated hero in the game. Im getting extremely tired of it. Can something be done already? Her kit needs to be streamlined instead of this messy hero we have now.

Any suggestions? Instead of the usual “she’s fine” or “dont know how to play her” been hearing this for 2 years. She’s still in the bottom of the barrel :joy:

3 Likes

faster hack cooldown or longer lasting hack

Forum Sombra needs nerfs, not buffs.

10 Likes

Forum logic: worst pick rate in the game DPS clearly needs nerfs, but since Mercy/Brigitte aren’t must picks anymore they need buffs!

7 Likes

This will fall on deaf ears as the devs dont take forum feedback for Sombra serious. For all intents and purposes, she is a pro play exclusive hero.

7 Likes

From another thread.

5 Likes
  • Icon on hacked enemies.
  • Teleporting does not cancel reload.
  • Translocator throw cooldown starts after throwing beacon

No buffs, no damage increase, no cooldown reduction, just QoL’s that makes her gameplay smoother. Try this for a few weeks and see how it goes.

6 Likes

So true. Her perception on the forumns blows my mind. Im like can we please have the Sombra youre describing in the actual game!? :joy:

2 Likes

The rest of sombras kit kinda has to be bad to compensate for hack being one of the most annoying abilities in the game to play against.

That being said I’m all for buffing sombras gun and nerfing the hell out of hack.

First of all hack should be nerfed. Increase cooldown to 10 seconds atleast. Longer punishment for failed hack. Then for a buff increase her clip size by 10. Put translocator back on a 30 second cooldown. Also add a slight damage to hack. Maybe 25 damage over the course of 3 seconds. And add a slowing effect as well. Basically the inverse of speedboost. Increase accuracy slightly and damage just a tick.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

2 Likes

Its true tho :joy::skull:. Id rather be hacked :see_no_evil:

They should just make it so hack instantly kills the other player to see what people think about that. Then rez would finally have a real counter.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she gets a minor buff…but it’ll be minor; don’t get your hopes up.

A minor buff, balanced out by a major nerf. That’s how Sombra changes work.

4 Likes

Its like 1 buff but 2 nerfs that come with it :joy:

Next patch notes

Hack

• Now displays timer skull above hacked enemies
  • Cooldown increased to 12 seconds
  • Duration reduced to 4 seconds

Developer comment: Sombras teammates had often trouble to see which targets were actually hacked, this should help with follow up in the future. Her increased cooldown time and reduced duration makes sure she doesnt become too oppressive and makes her more fun to play against. But overall we think she should end up in a better spot.

2 Likes

Yes, lets buff the most difficult hero to pin down whilst also being the most oppressive. Should make for a fun gameplay experience!

You have to deal with her being oppressive, but then get a free win out of it. Seems like a fair trade.

Can I suggest something? How about we give Sombra a damaging ability so she can pick off targets easier. Recommended in my opinion is her Translocator. When using her self destruction, Sombra triggers a small electrical explosion dealing 50 damage in a 8 meter radius. Translocator when hitting an enemy will go onto a cooldown of 5 seconds. Cooldown for not hitting a target still is 2 seconds. This along with the sugar skull icon on hacked enemies could make her better