Any official communications from Blizzard HQ regarding DPS Role Q Times?

What can they do? There are too many people that only want to play DPS. There’s no fix for that that I can think of excepting rolling back the role queue.

1 Like

At least allow to queue to other modes while waiting?

inb4 “dps deserve it though, uwu”

Well we know they don’t like to admit mistakes, and we also know they have no problem with going silent for long periods of time, so… :man_shrugging:

Long q times are the result of many players wanting to play DPS. This is not easy to fix because this would require many players to stop playing DPS.

one possible fix is to re-add role-less comp (a 4th sr, which is ok given we already have 3) and role-less qp alongside the new versions on the main game selection screen, as this vastly increases the available supply of dps slots

moving to 7v7 (232) or 8v8 (242) would require enormous changes to the game but would also considerably boost the supply of dps slots

The long queue times are caused by Blizzard restricting the supply of dps slots to well below the level of demand

before rq was introduced, we already had a player population that was mostly dps, and we did not have these waits.

1 Like

If they do communicate anything I doubt it will be on the forums.

I’d be in favor of this if it could be implemented without fragmenting the player base too much. That fourth mode would be the one I’d play for sure.

Honestly I think they should have made something for people to do while in queue.

That is why its called 222.

yes, it is called 222

this restriction of supply is the cause of the excessive dps queuing times, rather than the number of dps players, because we had that number of dps players before rolequeue and did not have these waits then

I personally think its a combination of both.

communications from blizzard?
are you feeling well today?

they dont communicate with us at all

but most comps, at least at higher levels (where queue time are now the longest) wasn’t 3-4 DPS and for a long time there was zero DPS or just one DPS even being played due to 3 support meta.
So it’s not an artificial restriction, it’s more like a huge spike in players who want to finally play DPS with in a decent team comp.

Being the standard mode before was a few players would jump the line and always insta-lock in DPS, the hold the win hostage with “Then you switch if you want…”.
now all those reluctant tank/support players can finally get to see how the do just playing DPS. Being the line for DPS is now 100% fair.

It also doesn’t help that the current meta is just flat out terrible for support and tank. Play Orisa… or lose. Play this or that off meta support? Get blown up by Doom and then lose…

OP:

Yes. They’ve communicated that:

1- The average DPS queue time is 4-6 minutes
2- They are aware of instances in certain regions and ranks (i.e. a GM in Oceania) having greatly exaggerated queues

Most likely, the reason we haven’t seen any rushed fixes is because they’re content with the average DPS queue, and don’t want to drastically alter that in attempts to resolve exaggerated queues for those exceptional cases… which, is as they should be doing.

source please. 20 characters

It was in the RoleQ Update by Scott Mercer. It was pinned in General, I don’t see it now but I can look for it

|Edit|

Here you go. I incorrectly stated 4-6 minutes; Scott Mercer stated 3-6 minutes. Regardless, he did state they’re looking into matchmaker adjustments to resolve the extreme cases

thats fine

but

there were no queuing issues prior to the introduction of 222

the number of dps players (ie the demand) doesnt seem to have changed much

the supply of dps slots has however been drastically reduced