Any ETA on reaper and symetra's nerf?

they’re wayyyy to overpowered, this is crazy. Any idea on when they’re going to be nerfed to something “fair”

2 Likes

They made so many changes to balance the game around 3-3 and quad DPS metas that it’s just so unbalanced without those elements in play anymore.

2 Likes

They aren’t strong, you just need to counter them. They’re incredibly short range.

4 Likes

What’s fair my friend.

Play Pharah and it’s pretty easy to counter them.

Role queue is all about hero swaps and counters.

You ever try playing reaper into double sniper+dva? Doesn’t work.

1 Like

When I play Sym, if the enemy goes Monkey, Pharah I swap as they have me countered.

And, I don’t play Reaper. I find him to be unrewarding and a little dull.

1 Like

more low quality bait pog

1 Like

Symmetra is a DPS character with pretty piss poor mobility and extremely low defenses. She’s almost like the Zenyata of DPS. I don’t see a problem with her beam.

Don’t think anyone was asking for Zarya’s beam to get nerfed when she was melting everyone - while Symmetra was a laughing stock.

But that makes sense. The OP plays Zarya, but not Symmetra.

Why the salt, now?

4 Likes

really, if you have nothing else than some npc lines, don’t even answer. Stop assuming every fight is a 1 v 1 in an empty room, this is a team game, people move forward, fall back, regroup, respawn… there’s plenty of things going on, and nothing excuses a reaper that kills 3 people without even really trying, nothing excuses a symetra behind 2 shields at a choke point melting everything. I don’t care that they can be countered, I don’t have YOU 5 times on my team, I don’t have 5 other teammate who know how to counter, I’m playing in fn gold ffs. I can’t do anything with any tank (except fully charged zarya) when a reaper comes, can I ? Be honest.

Edit: It’s always the same thing anyway, they will nerf them, later, and they will themselves say “yeah they were OP, we reworked them for 12904 times, becaue we realised blablabla…” People who answer here always need to show the “moral highground” it’s just funy. If it makes you feel better, the OP says go ahead, please yourself, npc

1 Like

Most likely going to happen if you ask me, same with DF. No facts, but I’m feeling that they don’t want to risk it anymore. It’s kinda hard to see a future for the game with this balance.

I don’t about sym and reaper but after 2-2-2 beta, I’m sure there will be more balance changes.

Let’s say there is a fire in front of you. Do you observe from a distance or do you walk into it catching yourself on fire?

If you chose observe from a distance, that is how you deal with Reaper and Sym. If they are destroying you, you put yourself in a bad position.

3 Likes

Excellent argument. Everyone who disagrees with you is an NPC.

I mean, I wouldn’t say either is outright OP, but both are too strong compared to the amount of skill that it takes to play them (not trying to insult anybody who plays them, but they do take less time and energy to master than many other heroes in the game). They both have fairly low skill floors (especially Reaper), yet can guarantee massive value due to the current state of the game.

Reaper’s life steal could use a nerf, 40% is kinda ridiculous when you think about it.

As for Sym, does she really need to be able to charge her beam to Zarya levels of damage in such short amount of time (considering it takes Zarya much more time and effort to get her beam to full charge)? I think that can be looked at, though I also feel that any nerf to Sym in that area should be counterbalanced with a buff to something else in her kit (maybe reduce the cooldown of TP when she destroys it).

That being said, Reaper and Sym are both fairly easily countered, even in their current state. They’re definitely strong, but not indestructible. I always joke “just stand 5 feet away and you’re fine” XD

1 Like

Symm doesn’t need a nerf. She’s too quishy. TP was also ruined.

Also when’s McCree’s Fan the Hammer going to be nerfed?

You are an Npc, you just did the same thing. You don’t agree or disagree, you only need to make someone look either bad or feel stupid. Take the moral high ground as much as you want, like I said to the previous guy, please yourself.

Yeah, ideal scenarios rarely happen, unfortunately. With both having a tp, it’s a hell for tanks (at least, in gold). Dps on competitive are so used to play for themselves that it’s hard to find one that is willing to play the game the way how it’s supposed to be played, even in role lock.

Yeah, not happening, I have no control over the picks of the dps, all I can do, is pray. :confused:

Whenever they nerf McCree’s firing speed, Hanzo’s storm arrow, and Mei’s fall off damage.

It is incredibly easy to predict those two characters. Deal with it.

There’s one much more needed nerf: WIDOW

1 Like