Any Chance for Win Streaks to come back?

Hi, So I know a while back Winstreaks were essentially toned down. I am wondering if the team would consider bringing them back. I recently played with 2 other Silver and Gold friends and we won something like 14 games in a row. Our SR gain was very low. What was the reason why gains were low, especially when most games I had very good stats? Was it because we were a three stack?

Also if you brought back the win streak gains it would get smurfs out of an elo much faster and remove a lot of the complaining posts around here.

I think the original idea was more about moving smurfs than anything else.

I’d have to go back and check the patch notes but I think it was toned down because if you just got lucky and went on a streak you would end up way above where you belong, and vice versa for losing streaks. It feels bad when your awesome win streak leads you to losing 70% of the next 20 matches because you’re out of your depth. That’s what happened to me the first time I made it to plat - it was an 11 match streak that got me there and then I barely won any for the next 2 days.

If you did this you would need to bring back the loss streak consequences, right?

Yea ideally - I am fine with that

I’m not against it necessarily

I wonder why it was removed in the first place

Did you write down your loss/gain for the streak and some games before and after? Win/loss streaks are back in the game, but I’m not sure exactly how to activate them.

See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 14) → Win Streak Bonus / Loss Streak Penalty.

I wasn’t sure, but from memory it was basically what I wrote in my first post.

I.e. it feels bad to lose a bunch after the win streak bonus puts you way too high. And that it feels bad to lose tonnes of SR on a losing streak. Basically they wanted to remove some of the feelsbadmans.

I went on a 9 game win streak yesterday and climbed back to 3575

Yesterday i got 7 wins in a row on my tank account.It’s just lucky

It’s just that winstreak gains will also put lucky ducks higher than they should be and unlucky ones lower than they should be. At the end I think it’s better the way it is. Make it harder to climb but also harder to fall