Antonio killed Liao (possibility)

In case you don’t know who Antonio is, he’s the dude that got shot in the head by Reaper (Reyes) in retribution.

The beginning of retribution starts with “an overwatch facility was attacked” and explosions WITH mccree around, Jeff said Liao died in an attack to an overwatch facility and that mccree used to guard and keep Liao and echo save and keeping them a secret

Doesn’t that look like it perfectly connects? I feel like talon destroyed the facility where Liao was, so not only echo project stopped, but reaper also messed up pretty bad, making it up to the dark days of overwatch where “everything started to go wrong”

Retribution best PvE
Just saying

3 Likes

I think if Liao was killed during the Oslo attack, it would have been mentioned. Other Overwatch agents were killed during that attack, but the only significant person injured was Gerard. You can see this in the Retribution comic.

2 Likes

Gerard was injured in the second attack on Rome, not the one on Oslo. We dont know anything else about who was hurt in Oslo

3 Likes

If you read Echo’s story page, she was originally stationed in Switzerland. So no, that was Reaper’s team.

1 Like

And in Winston Bio, he was stationned in Horizon Lunar Colony… I doubt he was going back to the moon after working in OW Switzerland - especially since he pay his taxes there.

The Base of operation isn’t such a great source…

For a compelling story, I would have written that Liao was killed by Omnics, the very thing she had created but saved Echo in hope to correct her role in the Omnic Crisis. :thinking:

1 Like

The only omnics we know who could kill her are Null Sector. They showed up to the world 7 years ago and before that they were working underground of King’s Row.
And we know Mina Liao died in one of Overwatch bases but there’s no Overwatch base in King’s Row. We see Athena working in Overwatch during Uprising so Mina Liao recently created her and is creating Echo then or she is already dead at that time.
We know Morrison leaded Overwatch 20 years which makes Liao was working on Athena ~13 years.
“After all these years, it feels good to finally get to focus on… my new project”.
I still think it’s Talon or other fraction we don’t know yet which killed her.

We don’t know how long Athena has been around - Uprising is just the first time we see her. She could have been completed 15 years ago for all we know.

Omnic Crisis started 30 years ago and ended 27 years ago. The first time we see working Athena is 7 years ago.
If Liao worked on Athena since Omnic Crisis started it’s somewhere during 23 years to Uprising (30-7), if Liao worked on Athena since Omnic Crisis ended it’s somewhere during 20 years to Uprising (27-7).
Overwatch fell 5 years ago.

Yes, I know the timeline.

1 Like

By the way did you update your timeline in Story Discussion?

The timeline that I posted last year? It should still be accurate, nothing new has been added that would change it.

1 Like

Further evidence from the back story suggest that she was a secret program, so I don’t think she had ever left the lab and likely had spent her entire existence in Switzerland before being stuffed into that crate.

1 Like